looking for someone to play with

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
anyone is up for a game?

i'd like to give it a shot at fall grau for a playtesting ( though scenario is well advanced) large map but unit size is ok.

i'm also ok for something else just ask

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Gents and other old faces...

...rather than start a new thread I'll just post here for a similar thing as Viri's. Last couple of years I've watched from the shadows as Mark cranked out a shite load of very interesting scenarios and I'd like to play/try some of them. Here's the list of what interests me personally. I'll play any of these, either side. You can search Rugged defense for a full list. And can probably very easily talk me into playing one not on this list. I'm almost starting to think RD should open a page for him like they did Daniel many years ago. :)

The Zulu War 1879
The Wars of Religion 1588-1593
The War to End All Wars 1914-1918
Great Invasions
English Civil War
Russian Civil War
Armageddon 2015

These are the larger scale scens and are thus lighter in unit count. If anyone else out there is bored like me.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi

For a moment I read it as "load of shite"! Anyway, do you fancy Armageddon 2015? Thing is, what to do about the Ukraine? When I designed it the pro-Russian party was - apparently firmly - in government, which just goes to show. Plus those ******* IS militants are now all over northern Iraq and the US doesn't seem very keen to reenter.

Play as is, or maybe disband the two Ukrainian western corps (13th and 8th) from the start, leaving the eastern one (6th) to represent the Russian-backed rebels/separatists? That will give the Rumanians at least the chance to form a line along the border. And disband a few of the northernmost Iraqi divisions - 16th, 1st, 4th and 15th, plus all of the US ground forces in Iraq?

I'd also prefer to play using the Opart 3XBb exe. - this is the one posted on Matrix that supposedly overcomes both the invincible defence and no AA bugs that crept in with 3.4. Jason and Bob and I have been using it for several months for several different scenarios and it seems to make a difference, and to be perfectly stable. If you're interested I can send you the zip.

I'll keep an eye out here, or do feel free to contact me directly on markterencedotstevensatntlworlddotcom

Either side, one turn a working day, more at the weekends. And you can abandon it with no hard feelings if you don't feel that it's working out after a few turns.

Let me know

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Email sent.

Load of shite? Never, sir. Never. Your scenarios have too many house rules to fall into that category.

EDIT: Oh, I do have a copy of Opart3XBb.exe but it's from some time ago. If there has been a new version released, let's say in the last six months, you will definitely need to either send it my way or let me know where I can find it.

And the Armageddon 2015 I have is version 2.

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Never mind - I recalled the board's name (TDG) and am now just waiting for my account to be approved. Haven't been over there in many a year!