Looking for shortcuts

gideon8t8

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd guess a lot of questions are repeated here. So is my imagination running wild, or is it wishful thinking, has anyone ever published a Perry Sez Collection with an index that can be searched?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Gideon8t8,

Michael R just gave you the link to Klas's excellent compilation. But I will add that the Perry Sezes and other Q&As most-typically focus on issues left ambiguous or unstated by the RB.

When you are just learning - or returning to - the game, many of the problems you'll run into are actually clear: right there, IN the rule book - just difficult to find (or simply overlooked). The Gamesquad "Rules and Errata" thread is often the easiest way to get a quick answer and, sometimes extra information to help better explain the "hows and whys" of the system. We're happy to help (or at least attempt to ?)! I, for one, enjoy a daily read of this thread as an opportunity to test and refresh my understanding of the RB particulars. I don't think folks here get annoyed to see an "easy" question pop up (which ones are those?). And we frequently learn something when a seemingly simply question leads a thread into more arcane territory.

Otherwise, I would encourage you to keep studying the Big Book to gain a deeper and deeper understanding the broad concepts and how these help organize how the little pieces are meant to fit together.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I'd guess a lot of questions are repeated here. So is my imagination running wild, or is it wishful thinking, has anyone ever published a Perry Sez Collection with an index that can be searched?
The perry-sez file (given in a previous post) does not have an index, but it can be searched with any pdf reader.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm not certain if this iteration of gamesquad is as poor as the previous one but I have had more luck using Google to search gamesquad question than using the native gamesquad search bar.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'm not certain if this iteration of gamesquad is as poor as the previous one but I have had more luck using Google to search gamesquad question than using the native gamesquad search bar.
I've had mixed results. While in general Google is better, I have found stuff in the GS search that Google didn't pick up. There was a time after the last update that Google was particularly bad. Google must have had to purge the old GS data and slowly trawl through the updated GS.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Google | site:gamesquad.com "my-search-topic-I-really-ought-to-know-by-now" |-- turns up excellent old threads and somewhat less thrilling old arguments going way back.

gideon8t8

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you all for your responses! I have to says a special thanks to Binchois for his response and perception - I am returning after taking a break from 'full' ASL and GS for many months (2+ years). I chose to spend my ASL time on SK solely due to the relatively finite rules set. I spent less time in the RB and more time playing, but without the seemingly infinite bells and whistles. GS was also less necessary since I was not posting rules questions. But now I am trying to re-establish the links I will need for rules reference resources. I hope to play more classics and "must play" scenarios.

Thanks to Michael R for quick response and the link. Thanks to the moderators for their efforts to make GS a great ASL community resource.

Finally, thanks to Klas for the time and effort he must have put into creating a the Perry Sez compilation. I hope to use it in the next few minutes to research the next question that arose from play of The Commissar's House, instead of burning more than my share of 'guru eyeball time'.

This post is beginning to get way too emo...<mic drop>.