Looking for scenarios

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I have asked this before, but I seem to remember two PTO scenarios that had SSRs for fire support from submarines. I have tried a bit on the Archive, but without luck. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I think I have asked this before, but I seem to remember two PTO scenarios that had SSRs for fire support from submarines. I have tried a bit on the Archive, but without luck. Any suggestions would be helpful.
The thread Why We Need Submarines In ASL might be a starting point for your search. Old Noob posted that he believes a sub's deck gun was used for fire support at Betio. Post #7 in that thread.

Good luck and this ex sub sailor would be interested to see what you find.

Last edited:

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The thread Why We Need Submarines In ASL might be a starting point for your search. Old Noob posted that he believes a subs deck gun was used for fire support at Betio. Post #7 in that thread.

That sounds familiar. I will check when I get home and have a few more minutes.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I (think) the island in question in the Gilberts in 1943 was one of the smaller islands as a mop-up operation.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The thread Why We Need Submarines In ASL might be a starting point for your search. Old Noob posted that he believes a sub's deck gun was used for fire support at Betio. Post #7 in that thread.

Found them, with everyone's hints. They are
Raiders on Butaritari ASLUG11
Meeting Otto