Looking for Scenario CH 176 - Touchdown -- in Critical Hit #7.3

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

There is an old magazine Critical Hit # 7.3 and in it is a scenario as shown in the ASL Scenario Archive,http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/viewPub.php?id=1449
as CH 176: Touchdown! Abbeville, France ETO German French 6.7 hrs 22%

I cannot find the issue :hmmm:... if someone has the issue I would like to get a copy/scan of the specific scenario so I can play it. And, if possible, any commentary on the scenario that might have been in the issue or later issues.

Please send me a pm.... appreciate it.

Best regards,:salute:
John

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to say thank you to the folks who responded almost immediately to my search for one lone scenario-- CH176 Touchdown. It is nice to know we all have friends right here in the USA as well as in Italy and Canada! :thumup:

Thanks for the assistance!

John

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I couldn't help you John.

It's my scenario design and I don't even have a copy of it! I think I accidentally gave it away at ASLOK one year.

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I couldn't help you John.

It's my scenario design and I don't even have a copy of it! I think I accidentally gave it away at ASLOK one year.
No problem.... if you will PM your e-mail I'll make sure you have one!:) Thanks for designing it!

John

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If anyone would like a copy of this one hard to find scenario just sent me a PM with your e-mail address.

It does not look like a bad scenario... Roar has it as 3 french and 3 German. The date is 28 May 1940 near Abbeville France. Each side has about 10 squads with 4 AFVs. The mission objective is: Either side wins immediately upon exiting any MMC off along the opponent's Friendly Board Edge.

So it looks like both sides are attackings and defending...

Glenn Houseman was responsible for the original design. Maybe he can give readers some pointers on the play.

If anyone plays Touchdown do enter your scenario results on ROAR.

John

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it looks like both sides are attackings and defending...

Glenn Houseman was responsible for the original design. Maybe he can give readers some pointers on the play.
My original design had no turn limit. Critical Hit refused to publish it without a turn limit, and so a CVP element had to be added. This was before we started ESG and published our own scenarios. We were at the mercy of their dictates.

During our playtests there never was a problem of the game lasting too long. But try telling that to the powers that be.

I recommend removing the CVP part of the VC and just keep playing it until somebody crosses the goal line as I intended it to be played! :D

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PM'd you. Sounds like an interesting scenario. Thanks.
I like Glennbo's idea that this scenario should just be played till there is a winner. Of course, take a snapshot at turn 8 to see what the CH decision caused.... then play it till the end.

When you play it I hope you can report back to this thread with a brief how it went! Maybe an AAR in the AAR section.:)

John

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Played the CH version at ASLOK a few years ago, cant remember much but I do know the scenario went the distance and is fun.

Scott

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-
Played the CH version at ASLOK a few years ago, cant remember much but I do know the scenario went the distance and is fun.
Scott
Glad to hear it! Did you ROARatize your game?:) Getter done!

John

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My original design had no turn limit. Critical Hit refused to publish it without a turn limit, and so a CVP element had to be added. This was before we started ESG and published our own scenarios. We were at the mercy of their dictates.

During our playtests there never was a problem of the game lasting too long. But try telling that to the powers that be.

I recommend removing the CVP part of the VC and just keep playing it until somebody crosses the goal line as I intended it to be played! :D
Gregg (xmbalmr0) and I played this scenario on Saturday. There was an apparent SR error on the scenario... SR 2 and it read: Building 22W9 has no second level. That was fine except 22W9 is a single hex building with only a ground level. There was no errata to be found at CH. So, we thought that the SR2 applied to the building next door 22W8 which was a level 2 building. Fortunately, the designer, Glenn Houseman (glennbo):thumup:, was able to verify that there were no level 2 buildings and consequently 22W8 indeed the correct building identified in SR2.

OK everybody.... this is an exciting scenario! Not unlike what Glenn and ESG-- East Side Gamers-- currently put out for our ASL enjoyment!

If anyone wants a copy of this scenario just PM me your email. I'll try to do an AAR on this if I can... or Gregg?.

John

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gregg (xmbalmer) and I played this scenario on Saturday. There was an apparent SR error on the scenario... SR 2 and it read: Building 22W9 has no second level. That was fine except 22W9 is a single hex building with only a ground level. There was no errata to be found at CH. So, we thought that the SR2 applied to the building next door 22W8 which was a level 2 building. Fortunately, the designer, Glenn Houseman (glennbo):thumup:, was able to verify that there were no level 2 buildings and consequently 22W8 indeed the correct building identified in SR2.

OK everybody.... this is an exciting scenario! Not unlike what Glenn and ESG-- East Side Gamers-- currently put out for our ASL enjoyment!

If anyone wants a copy of this scenario just PM me your email. I'll try to do an AAR on this if I can... or Gregg?.

John
Thanks John for the closure on this topic.

BTW, you missed the Guinness at the Austin Tournament. Maybe next time.....

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks John for the closure on this topic.

BTW, you missed the Guinness at the Austin Tournament. Maybe next time.....
Lets make it also at the North Texas Shootout in November..... and next June!

John