Looking for Playtesters

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just looking for some playtesters for my Anzio scenario. :)

I am already playing a game as the Germans with Heldenkaiser, but can handle one more game (preferably as the Allies).. Any volunteers?

Some data:

ANZIO 1944

- Operation Shingle -

v. 1.21

TOAW 3 vers. 3.2.29.27

:: PBEM / Human vs. Human only::

Date: Jan, 22nd 1944
Map Scale: 1km/hex
Turn length: 6 hours
Unit Scale: Company
Length: 50 - 120 turns

MRPB: 6
Attrition Divider: 10

UNIT COLOURS

US VI Corps

US - green & olive background
UK - brown & tan background

German 14th Army

Heer - grey background
Luftwaffe Ground Units - blue background
SS - black background

IMPORTANT: The following is only a quick reference guide. Players are strongly advised to read the extended briefing. Watch for the excel file in the scenario folder for a detailed reinforcement table.

SPECIAL EVENTS AND FEATURES

Sudden Death Victory

The Allies can achieve a Sudden Death Victory by seizing certain locations in the Colli Laziali (Alban Hills) and thus triggering EEV driven probability checks.
The Germans can achieve a Sudden Death victory by capturing Anzio.

Weather

Stormy weather will lead to a temporary removal of beach supply points. The weather is historical for the first part of the scenario, and thereafter is regulated by a weather engine. Each day has a 40% chance for stormy weather which will affect theatre recon (0) and air activity (air shock 50).

Early End

Players can agree upon an earlier end of the scenario after turn 50 by selecting the theatre option "End game with current victory levels".

Theatre Recon

Theatre Recon is 0 on PM turns for both sides.

Pestilence

Force pestilence is 1% for both sides, beginning on turn 18.

Allied First Turn

Allied units must land in the appropriate beach hexes. No naval or air support is possible for the first turn. The Allied player must not forget to select his 504th PRCT theatre option and to move his supply units.

Naval Units

A row of distant sea hexes represents the open sea and can be used to save ships from German air raids.

Allied Supply Radius

Allied supply radius will increase if the EEV value reaches 64 and fall if the EEV value drops below 64.

Release of German Garrison

If the Allies approach Rome additional German reserves will be released.

German Withdrawals

From turns 76 to 92 Kampfgruppe Ens and 71. Infanterie Division will be withdrawn.

Reconstitutions

Only HQ type units reconstitute.

THEATRE OPTIONS

Allied Theatre Options

- Airdrop 504th Para RCT near Aprilia on turn 1: 100 VPs

The following options can be selected repeatedly by disbanding 'trigger' units:

- Activate US XII ASC: 10 VPs per activation; 5 times
- Activate MATBF: first activation without cost, thereafter 10, 20, 30, 40 VPs; 5 times
- Activate MASAF: first activation 15, second activation 30, third activation 60 VPs; 3 times

German Theatre Options

- Release Kampfgruppe von Bohr: if triggered before turn 25: 15 VPs; thereafter 30 VPs
- Prepare for and launch major counteroffensive (2 times, no VP costs)
- Keep KG Ens until the arrival of 741.Jaeger Regt: 40 VPs
- Keep Grenadier Regt 194 and II/Art.Regt 171 until the arrival of 741.Jaeger Regt: 20 VPs
- Keep 71.Infantry Divisions divisional troops until the arrival of 29.PzGren.Div: 40 VPs

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
DUDE. AWESOME! I have been meaning to ask when you were going to be releasing this for several weeks.
Glad to see it has arrived!
Wish I had the time atm to take the Allies' helm!

Olorin4

Generalfeldmarschall
Reaction score
Country
llGreece
Yup, I am in! Since this is playtesting, I am expected to give feedback, right?

My email is olorin4 at gmail dot com

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
DUDE. AWESOME! I have been meaning to ask when you were going to be releasing this for several weeks.
Glad to see it has arrived!
Wish I had the time atm to take the Allies' helm!
You can have the scenario despite. No problem..: D

I'm not only looking for someone playing against me - if there are some more people they can have a game going, too.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yup, I am in! Since this is playtesting, I am expected to give feedback, right?
:) Yup, welcome. So, you'll give it a try as the Germans versus me as the Allies?

You should have e-mail soon.. And yes, certainly you are expected to give feedback, but bear with me..it's my first design :shy: - and please ask any question you like, either here or per e-mail.
You may even do an AAR (as long as it gets that interesting as your DnO AAR (my daily stop..:smoke:))

Stefan

Olorin4

Generalfeldmarschall
Reaction score
Country
llGreece
:) Yup, welcome. So, you'll give it a try as the Germans versus me as the Allies?

You should have e-mail soon.. And yes, certainly you are expected to give feedback, but bear with me..it's my first design :shy: - and please ask any question you like, either here or per e-mail.
You may even do an AAR (as long as it gets that interesting as your DnO AAR (my daily stop..:smoke:))

Stefan
I can play either side :) ...waiting for the e-mail eagerly.

As for doing an AAR....hmm...it's hard for anyone to match that one, even for me lol :smoke::clown:(btw thanks for the comment). I'll do an AAR, if you also do one :yummy:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I can play either side :) ...waiting for the e-mail eagerly.

As for doing an AAR....hmm...it's hard for anyone to match that one, even for me lol :smoke::clown:(btw thanks for the comment). I'll do an AAR, if you also do one :yummy:
E-Mail sent.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Scenario Briefing is looking very professional, Stefan. Good job!
Thank you. But don't get blind by all that chrome - it's the scenario that should be good..i hope it plays well. Have you tried it already?

Regarding briefings, i like it when others do the same..i never played one of the big McBride scenarios, but i've read all the briefings..:crosseye:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What changes / adjustments have you done to suit that scale?
I modified artillery ranges in BioEd and set the movement bias to 250.

For the next version i'll tinker with the attrition divider as battles are slightly too bloody and to prevent 'too quick' unit evaporations (which have to do with the relative small unit sizes (companies)).

Joao Lima

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I modified artillery ranges in BioEd and set the movement bias to 250.

For the next version i'll tinker with the attrition divider as battles are slightly too bloody and to prevent 'too quick' unit evaporations (which have to do with the relative small unit sizes (companies)).
Thanks. Could you perhaps send the scenario over?

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks. Could you perhaps send the scenario over?
I could - if i had your e-mail adress...:OHNO: you certainly can have a look at it - but it's not (yet) PO enabled, if you want to play it you'll need to find a human opponent.

So, just drop me your e-mail adress and it'll be in your inbox soon.:cool:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just as a teaser, screenshot from my game as the Germans against Heldenkaiser's VI Corps:

End of turn 6 (Morning, Jan 23rd) Osteriaccia sector: A hard pressed hodge-podge of german units stopped Br 1st Division's advance, at least for the moment.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Update

Recent changes to the sceario:

Version 1.29
  • - Increased Ship defence values by 15%
  • - Changed air shock on storm turns to 25
  • - Fixed the German supply radius events (delay values were messed up)
  • - Changed German supply level slightly. It starts at 12 now and increases slowly to 18.
  • - Added two supply points to the southeastern map edge
  • - Attrition Divider set to 12
  • - Corrected Peter Beach events (removed event double)
  • - Revisited (again) some TO&Es, mainly US Inf Bns and Regt HQs (added more transport), 114.Jäger Div and 4.FJ Div. Added two engineer companies to 4.FJ Div.
There is still the southeastern map edge "issue" on my to do list.

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just as a teaser, screenshot from my game as the Germans against Heldenkaiser's VI Corps:

End of turn 6 (Morning, Jan 23rd) Osteriaccia sector: A hard pressed hodge-podge of german units stopped Br 1st Division's advance, at least for the moment.
Do I have to ask why you didn't post something from the Cisterna sector? :laugh:

Olorin4

Generalfeldmarschall
Reaction score
Country
llGreece
Do I have to ask why you didn't post something from the Cisterna sector? :laugh:
He didn't post any pics from our game too. Stefan plays the Allies and 14.Armee has minimized the beachhead 5 hexes from Anzio by turn 10. :lier: