Looking for photo archives

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

I have been searching the web o'er for photos for Plano container covers. Anyone have any good sites they might recommend? I need them for all of the nationalities, but the Japanese seem to be difficult to obtain. In addition, I'm aiming for both soldier and afv-type pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Great idea!

If you get any links or resources, please pass 'em on :D

Thanks!

Peace

Roger

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great stuff! Thanks. Don's Russian site has some great pictures of the Soviet infantry, including some of the "classic" pictures we all recognize. So this leads me to another question...are there sites for the other major players that are the similar? French, US, UK, German? (Or any other nation) I'd be looking for pictures like the "throwing potato masher", etc. I've found individual pics, but no collections as good as the Russian one. Yet.

Last edited:

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
French Infantry pics? Anyone? Any of our French comrades out there know where I can get some combat photos?

Btw, I will post the results when all is complete.

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Flags as covers

Does anyone have a site they can recommend where I can download WWII era flags to use as Plano cover art?

I have all the nationalities.

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
I presume Flags of the World would be the best place to start.
Make sure the flags you choose are the actual WWII flags of that nation. I discovered that some of them changed post-war.

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sgt. Przybylo said:
French Infantry pics? Anyone? Any of our French comrades out there know where I can get some combat photos?

Btw, I will post the results when all is complete.
Jeff,
while researching for KC and the Blitzkrieg I searched for French Infantry pics for weeks - in vain, unless you accept French POW pictures. It looks as if they didn't have the time to take pictures (not making a joke here).
French armor is no problem, but Guns and Infantry.
Here's a nice site to the Belgian Chasseurs de Ardennais (if that helps)
http://www.ifrance.com/CLHAM/050341.htm
Ciao

Klaus

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klaus Fischer said:
Jeff,
while researching for KC and the Blitzkrieg I searched for French Infantry pics for weeks - in vain, unless you accept French POW pictures. It looks as if they didn't have the time to take pictures (not making a joke here).
French armor is no problem, but Guns and Infantry.
Here's a nice site to the Belgian Chasseurs de Ardennais (if that helps)
http://www.ifrance.com/CLHAM/050341.htm
Ciao

Klaus
Klaus,

I'm glad you chimed in here, because you were my next resource. I know the French cards in KG needed pics! If I find any (no luck so far), I'll send em your way...

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welp,

For the aspiring cover people out there, I would say that if you want German, Russian, US, or UK pics of BOTH infantry and armor, piece of cake. After that...good luck. At least as far as online resources are concerned. It takes a great amount of time and effort to get useable photos. Take the French infantry pics I asked about earlier. There are a lot of armor photos, but VERY few action shots of infantrymen. (BTW be VERY careful of the links you get when you use...say..."poilus photos" in your search engine. Got a nasty surprise, with my 4 year-old on my lap to boot.)

jasperdog3329

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There is one famous photo from Life magazine of a French soldier sitting on a stool beside a LMG during the "Sitzkrieg". Might be worth searching for.

What about scanning ASL box art and scenario art? Copyrighted but I can't imagine MMP having an issue with you using the pictures for your counter boxes.