Looking for Burning Blue Opponent (VASSAL)

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

I have GMT's The Burning Blue sitting on my shelf unplayed. I am looking for someone who has some free time this weekend that might want to try to learn this game with me. There is a good VASSAL module for it and the rules are freely downloadable.

Please bear in mind the time difference to the US. I am 13 hours ahead of US Eastern Standard time but I will try to be as fleixible as possible (even if that means setting my alarm for weird hours).

Here are some good links for information about the game. Anyone interested at all, please send me a PM. I will be learning this too, so we can go through things together.

Boardgame Geek entry on Burning Blue

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/17394

Burning Blue Homepage

http://www.airbattle.co.uk/burningblue.html

Rules Download

http://www.airbattle.co.uk/b_downloads.html

VASSAL Module Download

http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_vassal_modules&task=display&module_id=296&page=Files

Ben

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If no one is available this weekend but has free time later in the week, let me know too. I really want to get this game played. It looks very interesting and the reviews on it are excellent.

Ben

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking for a game...

Leftie, if you are still looking for a game of TBB, let me know...I am off for 12 weeks as school is out and have lots of time.

Kevin

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin,

I am still very much interested. Are you available this weekend? If so, what time zone are you in?

Ben

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking for a game...

I am in the Pacific Time Zone, UTC + 8. I won't be available after say 6 pm tonight...I will be back around 10 pm. I am available tomorrow until say 6 pm. Sunday is out, but Monday before say 3 pm will work...after that you can pretty much name the time. I really am off for 12 weeks. All times are PDT!!!
Kevin:D

Last edited:

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Leftie...still interested...

kankoviak@comca said:
I am in the Pacific Time Zone, UTC + 8. I won't be available after say 6 pm tonight...I will be back around 10 pm. I am available tomorrow until say 6 pm. Sunday is out, but Monday before say 3 pm will work...after that you can pretty much name the time. I really am off for 12 weeks. All times are PDT!!!
Kevin:D
Hey Leftie...are you still here?? Interested??

Kevin

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah I sure am!!! Sorry but been busy as hell with work and other things. Let me know if you have some time to play in the near future.

Ben

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Availablility

Leftie said:
Yeah I sure am!!! Sorry but been busy as hell with work and other things. Let me know if you have some time to play in the near future.

Ben
Hey Ben. I really am available any time. I teach at a college and am off until the 16th of August.

Just give me the time and TZ when you are available.

Kevin

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I would read...

Leftie said:

Ben
If I would take the time to read...ok, so you are in Japan. That is 17 hours ahead of me here in California. So 9 am for you is 4 pm for me...6 pm for you is 1 am for me. Since my schedule is so open...if you give me your good times, then I can accommodate...

Kevin

:bite:

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
kankoviak@comca said:
If I would take the time to read...ok, so you are in Japan. That is 17 hours ahead of me here in California. So 9 am for you is 4 pm for me...6 pm for you is 1 am for me. Since my schedule is so open...if you give me your good times, then I can accommodate...

Kevin

:bite:
Ok let's try it this way. Monday through Friday, I am not free until 7pm my time. I can play from 7pm Tokyo time to around 12am if needed. On weekends (with some notice) I am available throughout the day and into the evening if need be.

With some conversions....

7pm tokyo time is 3am San Fransisco time
10pm my time is 6am your time.

Weekends would be more like 6am on Saturday for me would be 10pm on Friday for you.

I am sure we can work out some time where we both would be available. Keep in mind, I haven't actually played the game at all yet. I am still grokking the rules and playing around with the counters, so any game would be a learning experience for me.

Ben

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Works for me

Leftie said:
Ok let's try it this way. Monday through Friday, I am not free until 7pm my time. I can play from 7pm Tokyo time to around 12am if needed. On weekends (with some notice) I am available throughout the day and into the evening if need be.

With some conversions....

7pm tokyo time is 3am San Fransisco time
10pm my time is 6am your time.

Weekends would be more like 6am on Saturday for me would be 10pm on Friday for you.

I am sure we can work out some time where we both would be available. Keep in mind, I haven't actually played the game at all yet. I am still grokking the rules and playing around with the counters, so any game would be a learning experience for me.

Ben
3am works for me...I am on a schedule now where I am not falling asleep until 8am my time anyway!!!

I have only played twice myself. It will be a good learning experience for both of us.

Kevin

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good to go. You want to try it out tonight?

Ben

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The server took a dump on us. I need to get some sleep anyways but maybe we can finish the game up tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

Ben

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Leftie said:
The server took a dump on us. I need to get some sleep anyways but maybe we can finish the game up tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

Ben
That's fine. I will read up on combat and see if I am doing this right. I will also ask lee. Let me know when you are available next. My email is kankoviak@comcast.net.

kevin

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's see about finishing it up this weekend. I am pretty busy at work right now. I will shoot you an email with details as soon as I figure out what my schedule is.

Ben

kankoviak@comca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This weekend

Leftie said:
Let's see about finishing it up this weekend. I am pretty busy at work right now. I will shoot you an email with details as soon as I figure out what my schedule is.

Ben
That sounds good.

Kevin