Looking for an official ruling on Street Fighting

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
11.8 STREET FIGHTING: Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road
So Looking at the picture. Is the tank in CC7 subject to Street Fighting from a unit in DD7 or BB7?
Is the tank in EE6 subject to Street fighting from a unit itn DD5 . 17084

buser333

Reaction score
If you want an official answer you'd best look elsewhere, but if you want an opinion based on how I understand the rules here it is:
EE6 would certainly qualify for Street Fighting as, per A11.8, "Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road..."
CC7 could seem a bit more problematic, as I would argue CC7 does not have a building hex on both sides of the road. It has two building hexes on one side of the road.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
11.8 STREET FIGHTING: Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road
So Looking at the picture. Is the tank in CC7 subject to Street Fighting from a unit in DD7 or BB7?
Is the tank in EE6 subject to Street fighting from a unit itn DD5 . View attachment 17084
I would suggest a q&a. Also, this forum is for answers from Perry.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just me, but how is the tank in CC7 "in a road hex and adjacent to a building hex on BOTH sides of that road"?

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Why are you posting this here?
Because I screwed up. I will send a Q & A
Just me, but how is the tank in CC7 "in a road hex and adjacent to a building hex on BOTH sides of that road"?
I would say that the building in BB7 is on the other side of the road

Sorry about miss posting Admin please move / delete as you see fit

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I would say that the building in BB7 is on the other side of the road
Why did the chicken cross the road? He didn't, he was streetfighting.

I have seen this argument you're making here many times. A11.8 says "Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road is especially vulnerable to CC in that hex." So I ask you: If you draw a thread from BB7 to DD7 would a road be beneath that thread? Would the thread stretch from one side of that road to another? Contrast that situation with one where the road continues from CC7 to CC8 and beyond. Now your thread does cross a road. Now your thread straddles a road. Now building hexes ARE on both sides.

I give Albany credit for spelling this out in tournament SSRs. I don't know that this has even been answered in Q&A. IMO, it doesn't need to be frankly. -- jim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There is this Q&A.

A4.63 & A11.8 - In the image (RB map) wherein Rubble is eligible for Street-Fighting Ambush like a building. Would a unit in G7 be eligible for Street-Fighting Ambush against an AFV in G8? Could a unit in G7 Dash (through G8) to F8 or H8?

A.
No to both.

The image has a road leading directly into G7 with buikdings on either side of the road in hexes F8 and H8.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
There is this Q&A.

A4.63 & A11.8 - In the image (RB map) wherein Rubble is eligible for Street-Fighting Ambush like a building. Would a unit in G7 be eligible for Street-Fighting Ambush against an AFV in G8? Could a unit in G7 Dash (through G8) to F8 or H8?

A.
No to both.

The image has a road leading directly into G7 with buikdings on either side of the road in hexes F8 and H8.
Alas, we don't have a picture of the map here to go with the Q&A.

But the gist of it was the following: For Dash/Streetfighting to be applicable, if you would string a LOS between the two prerequisite locations on both sides of the road, that LOS would have to cross both sides of the road depiction.

So Dash/Streefighting in/across CC7 from BB7 to DD7 and vice versa is N/A.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Pte Parts

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Could a unit in R4 street fight an AFV in Q4? Could it still fight it if the AFV entered from P3 and stopped in Q4 therefore not crossing the line between the unit in R4 and the building across the street in Q3? Could a unit in P2 attack an AFV in P3 if P4 was huts (PTO)?

Attachments

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Could a unit in R4 street fight an AFV in Q4? Could it still fight it if the AFV entered from P3 and stopped in Q4 therefore not crossing the line between the unit in R4 and the building across the street in Q3?
Yes, as there is a building (Q3 )on the other side of the road. How/from-where the AFV entered Q4 doesn't matter.

Could a unit in P2 attack an AFV in P3 if P4 was huts (PTO)?
Yes (maybe not if the huts are Collapsed though, IIRC), per G5.1:
"Except as stated otherwise, huts are treated as wooden Single-Story Houses"

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
The rule identifies road HEX not road depiction. that is a road hex...buildings are on either side to it..
That's about it....

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The rule identifies road HEX not road depiction. that is a road hex...buildings are on either side to it..
That's about it....
Not quite. The Infantry conducting the Street Fighting attempt must also originate the attack from one of those Building Locations. For instance, an Infantry Unit could not advance from O3 into P3 and declare a Street Fighting attack against an AFV just because there are buildings in P2 and P4. -- jim

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first sentence implies that Stewart has a point. The second sentence confirms that Jim is correct.

11.8 STREET FIGHTING: Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT
to a building hex on both sides of that road is especially vulnerable to CC in
that hex.17 All Infantry advancing into that road Location from ground level
of one or more of those adjacent building hexes qualify for a Streetfighting
Ambush -1/+1 DRM in CC vs the vehicle
Now we just need to normalize phrases/words like street fighting versus streetfighting and fire lane versus firelane. Searching an OCR document ...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Now we just need to normalize phrases/words like street fighting versus streetfighting and fire lane versus firelane. Searching an OCR document ...
Or use a good indexer. I think a search of "street or fight" would hit on streetfighting depending on how the search was implemented. -- jim