Looking for a teacher/mentor for ASL

Marc Jenner

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa
I'm looking for someone to help teach me how to play ASL. I would sooner jump straight into ASL rather than ASLSK I have a little experience with ASLSK1.
I'm in South Africa (although from the UK) with is GMT +2.
Thanks

Marc

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would help to know what Module(s) you have and if you are familiar with VASL. Also the type of learning curve you wish to approach the game with would be beneficial (Slower: PBEM - gives you a chance to review rules at your leisure; or via VASL/FtF -a bit quicker- where you get an almost immediate feedback, but will slow the play of game down anyway because of your relative inexperience with the game system). Regardless, welcome aboard and this forum can be a wealth of knowledge. I would HIGHLY recommend you go to the Rules section and the Perry Says sub forum there and download Klas Malstrom's Q&A compilation as this will help answer many questions that arise during play (constantly for me). Don't forget to check out Facebook ASL forums as well if you're into that, but be advised the replies to queries are usually very short with little detail or actual discussion, tend to really get off track quickly, and are hard to reference once posted and resolved.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'll jump in without demanding all that criteria. Geez, Eagle4ty!

Marc, Please send me a PM here and we'll get started. I am all in favor of helping players skip the ASL starter kits and get to the real game :) It's absolutely not necessary and was done for years and years before these starter kits came out.

It doesn't matter if you have all the modules, I have most of them. I've got some ideas on good starter scenarios for this kind of thing.

Also, we can do PBEM, but I don't recommend it, as the game is highly interactive, so it slows down your learning in comparison to learning the rules on the fly from someone with expertise.

My time zone is GMT. I'm not UK, though, American here. cheers, Marc.