Looking for a Ladder PBEM/VASL Pegasus Bridge Game -> Campaign

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, I tried to put all the relevant information in the thread title. Wonder how succesful I was! :)

I feel it's time for me to cut my teeth, get my feet wet and head towards playing my first ever Campaign Game. I'd like to try the Pegasus Bridge HASL, because it's a smaller size than others and might be more manageable for me for my first CG. I also like the history of this particular engagement. I suppose those are good enough justifications!

I think at first though, it would be worthwhile playing one of the PB Scenarios to get the hang of the new terrain, gliders, night rules, different LOS terrain rules, etc... and other things which are less familiar to me. Perhaps PB1 "Ham and Bloody Jam" for an idea? And then I'd like to move to play either CGI or CGII.

I'm happy to play either by email or by VASL, or a combination of the two. I have a fast PBEM turnaround, averaging at least one move a day most days. To keep momentum going, it would be good if you were able to move at a similar pace too, otherwise I find it's harder to maintain the same interest. We could VASL from time to time if we worked out a suitable time.

I'd also like this to be a ladder game, since I think the ladder is a neat Warefare HQ feature and is worth supporting as much as I can, even if I might just get some "participation" points! And the CG too, since it's going to take a while no doubt.

What else to mention... I have a preference for the IIFT because it's the FT used in Australia and because I like the simplicity of not having to engineer firegroups consisting of the "right" FTP, but being able just to fire what's there and seems most sensible.

I consider myself an "advanced beginner". I've only been ASLing for about six months and so I still have lots to learn, especially tactically, but I think I have most rules under control. If you were somewhat similar that might be good, so that neither of us gets absolutely trounced by the other player! But I'll consider everyone, so don't let this paragraph put you off. It's mainly designed to encourage people who might be in my situation, but a little nervous about playing a CG, the confidence to think about playing one too!

Anyway, if anyone is interested, please PM or email me here at the forum, or just reply below.

Cheers,
Andrew (Reepicheep)

Last edited:

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Would like to join, but I have not that much time for another VASL game and I don´t even own PB yet.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Okay... thanks for the replies. I now have two "Ham and Jam's" about to get underway - that's enough for now. Should be a good challenge, since I've never played night rules before! :)