Looking for a copy of Doug Beman's scenario STRUGGLE FOR SINGLING (CM:BO)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This one was tendered for playtest in November 2001 and went to the old scenario depot run by Admiral Keth, but never made the transition to the new Scenario Depot. Apparently a version 1.1 was in the works in February 2002 but don't know if it was ever posted publicly. Either way, I would be interested in obtaining a copy (or, if there are versions of 1.0 and 1.1 extant, of both.)

If someone has it, could you please send it to madorosh@shaw.ca

I am aware of three other Singling scenarios for CM:BO and CM:AK and it is interesting to compare them.

If anyone would be good enough to crosspost this request to BFC as well, I would appreciate that too.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have "Singling Shootout.cmb".

Probably not what you are looking for, right?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Very interesting. The old forum postings show that he was working on a version 1.0 and contemplating a v1.1, and the one you sent is dubbed "MySinglingV.2" I wonder if this is a third draft. There are a few threads in the archive in which he discusses this scenario. Thanks very much for sending it along.

If anyone has older versions of it, I would still be interested in the older ones as well.

He posted at BFC in 2001 about the difficulties in making large maps, and it does look like he made a bigger map than Terry Simo did; FWIW more accurately as well. Amusingly, where the army map maker ended the road because he didn't want to draw all the way to the end of the page, Beman assumed the road actually ended there in the middle of a field. :) Not to nitpick - it looks like he spent a lot of time getting playtesters and doing research on this. Fascinating stuff, for me, anyway. Really appreciate the help in tracking it down.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very interesting. The old forum postings show that he was working on a version 1.0 and contemplating a v1.1, and the one you sent is dubbed "MySinglingV.2" I wonder if this is a third draft. There are a few threads in the archive in which he discusses this scenario. Thanks very much for sending it along.

If anyone has older versions of it, I would still be interested in the older ones as well.

He posted at BFC in 2001 about the difficulties in making large maps, and it does look like he made a bigger map than Terry Simo did; FWIW more accurately as well. Amusingly, where the army map maker ended the road because he didn't want to draw all the way to the end of the page, Beman assumed the road actually ended there in the middle of a field. :) Not to nitpick - it looks like he spent a lot of time getting playtesters and doing research on this. Fascinating stuff, for me, anyway. Really appreciate the help in tracking it down.
Very happy to help. Apparently I downloaded this in (early?) November 2001.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
It is possible that I added the "v2" based on information posted at the SD that this was the second version of the battle.
EXCELLENT detail to know! Thanks for letting me know - and the date, also. You have a keen eye for historical detail!

Doug Beman

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I built this scenario (cough-14 years ago-cough) and would sure like to get a copy of it; I lost the file many computers ago.

If anybody has it, can you send to me? If so, please PM me and I will send you my email address.

Thx

DjB