Look ma...I've got some free time!

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like I just finished one of my two current EA games against Screamer and am now in the market for another.

As I've been mostly playing the Axis side, I'm looking to see how the other half lives.

Anyone?

Note: I'm off to Lake Havasu and the river for the weekend, so I won't be able to respond to anything until Mon/Tues of next week.

:drink:

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOL, I'll have my daughter with us so we won't be stopping at the sand bar this trip (I've seen them filming Girls Gone Wild there before). It'll be a PG-13 trip this time.

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi There Foggy !

I'd be very happy to - but I've lost the latest position, do you have it ?

I'm not sure what happened to this one - I usually send at least one or two follow-ups when a game dies half way through, but can't remember with this one.

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just finished my first EA game and so I'm ready for another too. Let me know if we're on and what version we'd play. I played 1.8h, so it looks like there are several later versions.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
RavenStrike said:
I just finished my first EA game and so I'm ready for another too. Let me know if we're on and what version we'd play. I played 1.8h, so it looks like there are several later versions.
If you decide that you've got time for a game of 3.3, do try to take a look through the various threads that summarise the changes since 1.8 in order to avoid any horrible surprises.

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gunner, I'm ready to go when you are...you are playing Axis, right?

I'm up for trying the most recent version also. Do e-mail me with the house rules you like to use and I'll respond with my requests (though I don't usually use many).

phudson@socal.rr.com

In my game versus Screamer I played the Axis with the Allies surrendering on turn 70. In all fairness to Jan, it was his first game of EA (he did have at least two other EA games going at this same time though).

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JAMiAM said:
Have fun, and bring us back some pictures!
Sorry Jam, no pictures...except those forever ingrained in my mind.

I do know now that if there were ever to be a "guys only" trip to the river, I'd park the boat right next to where they sell the pasties ;)

Only after tiring of that would we move to the ever popular sand-bar and watch the debauchery.

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gunner, still waiting for turn 1...are we playing? If not, I'll let RavenStrike clobber me :)

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Well I'm down to just 2 of this game at the moment. Would you like a game with me Ravenstrike?

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be happy to play the # 1 man on the board. :hail: What version should we use? My only game has been on 1.8i. I'd like to try the Axis unless you have a strong preference, then I can go Allied. Let me know.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Up to you which version you choose (obviously), but I'd strongly suggest 3.3.

Some of the many changes are just prettying things up, but there are a lot of genuine improvements and fixes.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Ok that all sounds fine to me. 3.3 is definitely the way to go I reakon, and I'm more than happy to take the allies. Send me a first turn - my email is jason.r@clear.net.nz