Lone Canuck Publications.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Russians' transport was mostly lost during the landings or couldn't disembark from the landing barges; so for the most part the Russians guns were either pulled forward by men, or shuttled forward by what trucks they had.

The same could be said for the Romanians, at battalion and regimental levels, they have mostly horse-drawn A-T Guns with what truck pulled A-T Guns heading further east to stem the landings.

So A-T Gun Section cost 3 TP with the following modifiers:
+1 TP set up on Map
-1 TP set up In Reserve
+0 TP set up off map

This means, yes if set up off map it will have to be manhandled on the map.

With regards to the Gun movement issue: a possible ERRATA to come out in the future will looks something like this:
Russians (RG: G1-4): v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (GAZ-MM) for each gun.
Romanians (RG: G1-4):v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (Wagon) for each gun
Germans (RG: G5): v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (Buessing-N AG 4500) for each gun
Germans (RG: G6-7): v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (Opel Blitz) for each gun

TM 27- PRIME MOVERS: If the extra 1-TP is used to requisition a vehicle (truck/wagon) to pull a gun, this vehicle is designated a Prime Mover. A Prime Mover's primary purpose was to move the gun and to supply it with ammunition. If a Prime Mover is destroyed or captured, its gun is immediately under Ammunition Shortage (A19.131) and cannot have its special ammunition replenished (C5.28), this state will continue for the remainder of the TM [EXC: If another gun is destroyed, then its gun-less vehicle can be reallocated to any vehicle-less gun].

Cheers

George
Thanks for the clarification George..

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George, just a heads up, I ordered a couple of products in the last couple of weeks. I know you were running the Caslo tourney and may not have noticed the orders. Only reason I mention it , is I haven't received a shipping notice yet. The products are, " Crossing the Moro" and " Valor at Casa Baradi".

Thanks, Michael..

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
George, just a heads up, I ordered a couple of products in the last couple of weeks. I know you were running the Caslo tourney and may not have noticed the orders. Only reason I mention it , is I haven't received a shipping notice yet. The products are, " Crossing the Moro" and " Valor at Casa Baradi".

Thanks, Michael..
Hi Michael,

As you mentioned, I have being busy with the CASLO; but rest assure, I have caught up on the back log and yours will be going out today (Friday, 26 May).

Cheers

George

Corwin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How can you print out the Fun for ASL maps that LC has on the website? Looks cool. I want to get some of those on the table.

Thanks

John

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
How can you print out the Fun for ASL maps that LC has on the website? Looks cool. I want to get some of those on the table.

Thanks

John
Download the maps from LCP website, change the file extension to ".zip", open the zip file, and extract the map (a GIF file).

Now printing the map is another matter, you'll likely have to print it in parts and splice it together or, take it somewhere that prints large format files.

Good Luck,
Colin

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Download the maps from LCP website, change the file extension to ".zip", open the zip file, and extract the map (a GIF file).

Now printing the map is another matter, you'll likely have to print it in parts and splice it together or, take it somewhere that prints large format files.
The file from LCP is already a .zip file, something like bdFoo.zip. You have to unzip that file, the result of which will be something like bdFoo. You then have to rename that inner file to bdFoo.zip, then unzip the inner bdFoo.zip. The result should be bdFoo.gif and a file named "data."

JR

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Best take the download of the map to Staples or the likes to have them done in one piece.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I successfully downloaded the maps for Java 8 and Java 7a, however after multiple attempts, the maps for Java 9 and Java 11 (Driver Advance! and As Good as They Got) have failed to unzip and appear to be absent from the download. I didn't have this problem with the scenario cards.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I just had a look at 9 (bdLCP-JAVA09.zip). It contains a file called "bdLCP-JAVA09" which itself is a zip file. So extract bdLCP-JAVA09 and rename it to bdLCP-JAVA09a.zip and then extract the bdLCP-JAVA09.gif contained inside. Ditto for 10. In effect you have a Zip file within a Zip file. I use 7-zip which allows one to extract files directly from nested Zip files. The original map zip files that I have just examined are 2597 kb for 9 and 2202 kb for 10, just in case you got a partial download.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I successfully downloaded the maps for Java 8 and Java 7a, however after multiple attempts, the maps for Java 9 and Java 11 (Driver Advance! and As Good as They Got) have failed to unzip and appear to be absent from the download. I didn't have this problem with the scenario cards.
OK...
I'm still computer illiterate.
I re-read JRV's post and solved the map printing problem.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two things:

1. Can we petition El Presidente Heffe Maddox to make the LCP a part of the "Unofficial Company Support section?
George has some great items he's produced in the last three years.

2. Can someone PLEASE gather all the directions (by map) on how to download, unzip to be able to print the maps for his new stuff?

Thanks in advance.