Lone Canuck Publications.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Quick Question:

Likely, George Kelln is active on this forum, but could anyone be so kind to tell me what his account name is?

Thanks,
von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thanks Michael. I tried the "search member" function but it must have been somewhat of a very senior moment how I could still miss him... [cough, cough]

von Marwitz

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't even notice this was here, since it was below the others.

Maybe make an announcement on the main ASL page???

Carlos Javier

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain

Bloody Buron Q

Hello!

I am about to star a Bloody Buron game as the Canadian player and I am not sure about rule TM 25 Fortifications. All Minefields are requisitioned and the German player can do it as Known or HIP (for A-T mines as HIP only), so I do not understand the rule. Is it talking about the mines requisitioned with the initial 180 DSP of Mine Factors even if they are requisitioned as HIP (so there is no point in requisition HIP mines that are going to be set-up in non-Concealment terrain)? How are A-T Mine Factors affected by this rule?

I also have another question regarding Light Bocage. This terrain feature is like Hedges with some movement different rules; regarding this, can Light Bocage be breached with AVRE's MA and/or DC? I think so, just to confirm and avoid dicussions with my opponent.

I will appreciate any comments or clarifications (my tanks are starting their engines...). By the way, a great TM!

Javier,

asevenson

Greenhorn
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey All,
We are going to play MLR2 TROTEVAL FARM from Canada at War pack. Looking on Aslscenarioarchive.com, it appears that the scenario card may have the North and South Board edges reversed? (board 16 should be North edge instead of board 43?) Also, the card shows 5 turns while the archive specifies 6. I did not see any errata on the Lone Canuck website, so thought I would as here and see if George or someone else might know.

Thanks,
Allen

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone have a link to the Lone Canuck web site?? Any help is appreciated in advance..

Michael

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lone Canuck is to be commended for publishing Blitzkrieg in the West - Northern Campaign. The early war in the low countries is often overlooked and Blitzkrieg in the West is a welcome addition. The presentation is awesome even including counters for one of the Dutch guns this item was truly well done all for a mere fourteen bucks.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lone Canuck is to be commended for publishing Blitzkrieg in the West - Northern Campaign. The early war in the low countries is often overlooked and Blitzkrieg in the West is a welcome addition. The presentation is awesome even including counters for one of the Dutch guns this item was truly well done all for a mere fourteen bucks.
I just got my copy yesterday, and am excited to take it for a spin.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick question on Ozerkya Breakout. The AT gun sections for both sides do not say they are available for on map setup without paying the extra point, yet there is no way to have them enter as neither side can purchase any vehicles with a towing capacity. So my question is, is the 3tmp for on map setup or do you need to pay 4tmp? Seems like without any way to bring them on, the 3tmp should be right.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Quick question on Ozerkya Breakout. The AT gun sections for both sides do not say they are available for on map setup without paying the extra point, yet there is no way to have them enter as neither side can purchase any vehicles with a towing capacity. So my question is, is the 3tmp for on map setup or do you need to pay 4tmp? Seems like without any way to bring them on, the 3tmp should be right.
The Russians' transport was mostly lost during the landings or couldn't disembark from the landing barges; so for the most part the Russians guns were either pulled forward by men, or shuttled forward by what trucks they had.

The same could be said for the Romanians, at battalion and regimental levels, they have mostly horse-drawn A-T Guns with what truck pulled A-T Guns heading further east to stem the landings.

So A-T Gun Section cost 3 TP with the following modifiers:
+1 TP set up on Map
-1 TP set up In Reserve
+0 TP set up off map

This means, yes if set up off map it will have to be manhandled on the map.

With regards to the Gun movement issue: a possible ERRATA to come out in the future will looks something like this:
Russians (RG: G1-4): v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (GAZ-MM) for each gun.
Romanians (RG: G1-4):v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (Wagon) for each gun
Germans (RG: G5): v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (Buessing-N AG 4500) for each gun
Germans (RG: G6-7): v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a Prime Mover (Opel Blitz) for each gun

TM 27- PRIME MOVERS: If the extra 1-TP is used to requisition a vehicle (truck/wagon) to pull a gun, this vehicle is designated a Prime Mover. A Prime Mover's primary purpose was to move the gun and to supply it with ammunition. If a Prime Mover is destroyed or captured, its gun is immediately under Ammunition Shortage (A19.131) and cannot have its special ammunition replenished (C5.28), this state will continue for the remainder of the TM [EXC: If another gun is destroyed, then its gun-less vehicle can be reallocated to any vehicle-less gun].

Cheers

George