Login 2x

ScottD

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How come it always takes me two times to log in? I'm very careful to get my password correct the first time, and this always happens: I enter my userid and password and get the login screen again. After the 2nd time I do it, then it shows me as logged in. Any thoughts?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you allow "cookies" then it can remember your password and you won't have to log on.

Some browsers let you specify cookies on a site by site basis. Others can only be turned "on" or "off" for all sites.

Not sure why you have to log in twice, tho...

Sam

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm not sure either. I've never had to log in twice.

What browser/OS are you using?

Nat

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just tried it again, twice. The first time I checked the stay logged in check box, the second time not. Tried clicking the log in button the first time, hit enter the second time. Worked fine both times.

:?

Nat

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, was very careful to get userid and password correct, and tabbed to Submit button and hit enter. Using MSIE (ugh)...

ScottD

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That Guest post was me. I'm sure I entered the correct ID and password the first time. I can tell I'm not logged in because I didn't have the option to Log Out (with my username beside it). I don't like cookies, I'd rather log in twice. This is just a minor nit, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I found if you logged in with the button at the bottom of the page you logged in straight away but if you logged in using the top of the page,you had to log in twice.(I think its this way,I haven't logged on in a while,I use cookies)