Logging in

Reaction score
I have a tiny beef. After I've logged in, the system seems to log me out automatically after 5-10 minutes or so. If I happen to be writing a longish posting, then I have to copy the text, re-login, and do it all again. Perhaps something in my forum settings is out of whack, but I can't seem to find a relevant option for this problem. What am I doing wrong?

Edi

Dragonlord
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Grr... You're not the only one! Just lost a huge post due to this little feature (bug, I should say), and I'm not pleased. Not pleased at all! Could the system be set so that the forum logs a user out when he closes his browser? So if you forget to log out, it won't leave the account open, but allows for typing those long posts. At least that's the way it's done at Heavengames.com, even if you close browser windows, no problem, but if you close the whole app, you'll be logged out.

Edi

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
I have a tiny beef. After I've logged in, the system seems to log me out automatically after 5-10 minutes or so. If I happen to be writing a longish posting, then I have to copy the text, re-login, and do it all again. Perhaps something in my forum settings is out of whack, but I can't seem to find a relevant option for this problem. What am I doing wrong?
Yes, you will be logged out when you stay editting too long. But you do not have to copy everything again --- simply log in again, and then it will say something like "nothing to post" or whatever, you just click the "back" button on your browser twice and you will be back at the editor again, then just click post, it goes right away.