Lmg mg42

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh and Yes, I mean the Squad MG42.
Thanks. That is what I ended up playing around with. As I mentioned earlier the full squad with them stops people dead but when I break off a team that includes the MG42 I can easily over run it with a full US squad. The US squad does a decent job of killing and suppressing while advancing. Often killing the MG gunner. I guess what it showed me how the team isn't very strong more than the guns ability to kill. I might try it again with the US squad having a short cover arc and see how much killing it can do when not being fired on. However, even that gets skewed because there is no way to prevent the rest of the team from firing.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't figure out any meaningful way to test just the effectiveness of the LMG MG42. Here are the three things I tried. You'll probably agree with me that they are pretty worthless as tests go. The first is using the whole German squad that includes the LMG MG42 and start a full US squad attempting to over run starting at about 100m. As you would probably guess the US squad is torn apart. So I broke off squadsquadm from the German squad and did it again. The team was easily over run by the squad. The 12 guns firing almost immediately suppressed the team, sometimes killing the gunner right away, and it was all over for the team. The last one I tried I gave the US squad a short covered arc so that they wouldn't fire while advancing. This did result in the team stopping the advance very quickly. The problem with that is that all 4 men in the team were firing so I couldn't really how much or little damage the MG was inflicting.

Anyone else have a way to test its effectiveness?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I bet one empty beer can with a 10 cent Michigan deposit that niether dalem or Elvis have fired a full powered round through an automatic weapon.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
b) Does CMN not have single LMG teams (gunner and loader only) like CMx1 has?

-dale
You can. But Elvis Dumas didn't think to do that.

You, a tester, have no way to test the effectiveness of a particular weapon/platform in the game. Some might find that significant.
-dale
I had thought you were referring to something that has to do with the engine not eh OOB/TO&E. If you had been more clear in what you meant about saying something about the engine people (myself in particular) would have known what you were talking about.

Okay Dusty, I'll bite.
I asked a question politely. And have just responded politely. Keep that B.S. up and you can figure out how the conversation will probably go from here.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You would win.
Depends on what he means by "full powered". I've fired SMGs. And I've fired true rifle rounds (if that's what he means) semi-auto.

I don't see what that that has to do with our discussion, but then that's the Lewis-Elvis Axis for ya.

-dale

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I'm a WINNER!!! er-ray!

Oh goodie. dalem got drunk in vegas and 'busted off a clip' at a poser-range. The world is now safe.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you had been more clear in what you meant about saying something about the engine people (myself in particular) would have known what you were talking about.
Right. I'm the one with the clarity issues.

I asked a question politely. And have just responded politely. Keep that B.S. up and you can figure out how the conversation will probably go from here.
I simply don't believe you did not understand my point as initially made. Small of me, but that's the truth.

-dale

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Sounds like you two are going to have a cat-fight. No pinching, hair-pulling, spitting, biting or scratching, ok?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right. I'm the one with the clarity issues.
Well you said it showed something about the engine and when I asked what it was your response was about what you thought the available TO&E was. Which has nothing to do with the engine. So clarity seems to have been your issue. I'm not sure anyone reading would know what you meant.

I simply don't believe you did not understand my point as initially made. Small of me, but that's the truth.

-dale
Your point of calling me "Dusty" when responding? You are correct. I didn't.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It didn't take long to sub out the rest of the units I had for the LMG MG42 unit. The LMG stops the advancing squad dead in its tracks. I tried it with Fast, Quick and Move orders for the US squad and got the same results.

Test scenario and/or save game file available to anyone that wants to see it. I may also make a movie but need to make adjustments with YouTube first.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
-dale
Additional point....... I did understand your second point completely. And my reaction when I read it on my phone was "I can't break off a guy with a 9mm pistol and test that either" but decided to wait until I could check about buying a LMG MG42 before responding. But no, your first point gave no indication of what you mean by telling something about the engine.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well you said it showed something about the engine and when I asked what it was your response was about what you thought the available TO&E was. Which has nothing to do with the engine. So clarity seems to have been your issue. I'm not sure anyone reading would know what you meant.
Really? You are supposedly Mister Beta Tester and you claim you have no tools or ability to test a weapon/platform - a pretty key one at that - for its effects, so I point out that, to some, that would be a point of interest about the engine and design, and that's not a clear 1 - 2 - 3 for you? For someone? For anyone?

-dale

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
dalem just sounds angry to me. Maybe dalem can supply what he thinks a volunteer tester might be presented with by the designer to test with and to? What are these imagined tools he thinks were delivered? Does a volunteer make up his own tools in his spare time?

I am always amazed about the Rich-Inner-Lives of these people with 'clear 1-2-3' points of interest. I suppose that comes from Sesame St. degrees?

Pillar

Reaction score
Really? You are supposedly Mister Beta Tester and you claim you have no tools or ability to test a weapon/platform - a pretty key one at that - for its effects, so I point out that, to some, that would be a point of interest about the engine and design, and that's not a clear 1 - 2 - 3 for you? For someone? For anyone?

-dale
I suspect Charles can do this.

The BFC Beta testers aren't meant to be weighing out things like that. Steve doesn't like that micro-focus, he thinks it's just going to lead to endless discussions that can never be resolved. (I don't agree but that's what I think is going on.)

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

-dale
I never did not or would not say anything like that one way or the other. When I have run these things I have only run and given results on versions currently available to the public.

Additional, there is nothing about the game engine or its design that prevents it from including a single man with a sling shot and a rock if that is what they wanted to include in the TO&E.

And what is it with this" Mister Beta Tester" and "Dusty" crap? Do you by trying to marginalize me with each of your posts you are making some point?