LMG distribution.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You sometimes might want to give the LMG to a 467 instead of a 548 if you are considering outranging your opponent.

6FP out to 6 hexes might be better that 4FP if you opponent has a low range. You might want to stand off and blast away and send in those higher morale 548s under fire.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I tend to group my LMG into a platoon. So if I have 4 x 4-6-7 I will group them together along with the LMG. They form my fire base to assist the maneuver groups. 6-5-8 even work better that is 32 FP , combine that with 4 SPW/251 and you have 36+ FP.
Anything more and you waste FP. Combine them with two leaders with the same modifier and that is nasty. So I have two 8-1 leaders together, so a combined -3 if you have the -1 -FFMO AND -1 NAM modifiers. This way you do not have to always dismantle and reassemble heavy /med MGs, so = more maneuverability.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You sometimes might want to give the LMG to a 467 instead of a 548 if you are considering outranging your opponent.

6FP out to 6 hexes might be better that 4FP if you opponent has a low range. You might want to stand off and blast away and send in those higher morale 548s under fire.
If you are on defense with the Germans, this makes sense.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
What range does you opponent have? A unit who outranges the enemy can add its own firepower to the LMG and is safer from incoming.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I use LMG's normally to increase range. I use them to interdict (in the traditional sense). A half squad in a steeple with a 3-8 has a more strategic effect sometimes than a 548 with a LMG in a position with a reduced view.