LLTC/LLMC

ds

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the LLMC/LLTC in addition to the MC which other units in the hex take for the same attack, or "in replacement of".

If it is in-addition-to, which is taken first: the LLM(T)C or the MC

ds

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Keith.

As a follow-up: if two leaders (with different stats) are in the same hex and both are eliminated, is it player's choice as to which LLMC the surviving infantry takes first?

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ds said:
Thanks Keith.

As a follow-up: if two leaders (with different stats) are in the same hex and both are eliminated, is it player's choice as to which LLMC the surviving infantry takes first?
Yes Keith is correct, the owner gets to choose which leader he wants to use for the LLTC/LLMC. Read rule A 10.21 in the version 2 Rulebook.

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And as a clarification, no matter how many leaders are present the units only have to take 1 LLTC/LLMC of their choice. So multiple leaders do not cause multiple MC's. Also found in Rule A 10.21.

da priest

Reaction score
Hmmm.. not the way I read the Rules. :?

From 10.2: "For each leader eliminated ...after resolution of that attack ..all other friendly Personnel units with a currently lower Morale Level and in the same Location ...must take a LLMC.."

Says for "each", so multiple LLMCs are possible if multiple leaders toasted. :mrgreen:

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yet another reason for not stacking :)

10.2 LEADER LOSS MORALE CHECK (LLMC)/LEADER LOSS TASK CHECK (LLTC): Whenever a MC/TC is required, leaders must check before other units (with higher Morale Level leaders checking before lower Morale Level leaders). For each leader eliminated (whether by breaking when already broken, a mortal wound, or any other cause), after resolution of that attack (if any) all other friendly Personnel units with a currently lower Morale Level and in the same Location (or in the same moving stack, e.g., during Defensive First Fire) must take a LLMC....

Note the bold section.

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I stand corrected, Rule A 10.21 also states that only one leaders DRM is used EXC LLMC/LLTC/WP/Bombardment MC. So any way you look at it I was wrong. :oops: Good catch guys.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LLtc

Ouch.... 10.2 will make me think real hard about routing a group of brokies into a hex that will contain more than one leader unit. I can imagine routing a broken 4-6-7 squad and broken 8-1Ldr into a hex with a broken 9-1 and 4-6-7. During the next Prep Fire phase the1st shot results in a sniper check which is a "1" and that "1" drifts to the brokies hex and singles out the 9-1 which causes the others to take the Ldr loss moral check and the 8-1 fails and dies the 2 squads fail and are reduced then take another Leader loss MC which of course they fail and die. What a way to lose a game that has a CVP cap....
A pessimistic view,
jimfer

NoPrisoners

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'When bad things happen to broken units, tonight on Jerry Springer...'

Sometimes them's the breaks, so to speak. On the other hand, if there's a good reason to stack multiple leaders then you shouldn't fear the dice.
I find that I usually don't have so many leaders that stacking them in the same hex is an issue. When I do, I usually have something in mind that will reduce the concentration of leaders, such as shooting with one and moving with the other. If they've broken and have routed to the same hex, I try to make sure that they've found some place either where they can't be hit, or can't be seen, or hopefully both.
That can't always happen, but I've been in very few situations where I had to stack leaders.
You take your chances in this game, but you learn when not to take them after a while.
Now, if I can only learn to follow my own advice.

NP

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LLMC

I just can not remove the image that some broken leader routs back to a rally point with an 8-0 or better leader and the whole group ends up dead because of multiple leader loss moral checks caused by a sniper or some 2fp shot.
just pondering...................jimfer