Live VASL mini tournament

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been considering conducting an ASLOK style mini tournament using live VASL with Skype. All the competition of going to a tournament without ever leaving home.
  • 8 players
  • 3 rounds
  • 1 day
Scenarios on the list would be playable in 4-5 hours

Start times would look like this.

Round 1 start at 9am US central time.
Round 2 start at 2pm US central time.
Round 3 start at 7pm US central time.

If we have enough interest we could conduct multiple mini's on the same day. I understand the timezone issue could limit participation but I'm to old to try a 24 hour format. Would welcome another TD to support other time zones.

2 questions for the group.

1. Would you be interested in this format?
2. Any interest in a New Years Day mini?

buser333

Reaction score
I have been considering conducting an ASLOK style mini tournament using live VASL with Skype. All the competition of going to a tournament without ever leaving home.
  • 8 players
  • 3 rounds
  • 1 day

If we have enough interest we could conduct multiple mini's on the same day. I understand the timezone issue could limit participation but I'm to old to try a 24 hour format. Would welcome another TD to support other time zones.

I think this is a fantastic idea, and would love to take part, but January 1 is out for me this year and I would not be able to participate in anything this grand until May or later.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  • 8 players
  • 3 rounds
  • 1 day

My .02$ worth is have your event the day and time you have in mind, take the players that show up and run with it. If it's good people will talk and you'll have to hump it a bit; and do it again next year; and then the year after. By then you should know if it's worth the fun and effort if it is, 'They will come" and other wise eff-it.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I think using the Discord server and voice channels there would be a great way to energize such a beast
I've setup a VASL TOURNAMENT Server with appropriate rooms
Have yet to populate with information.
That would depend on the Tournament