Live stream tomorrow

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Would it be possible to watch using VASL please? It's a lot easier (for instance the link above states that it is misconfigured) and I promise not to move any of the counters 😁

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Would it be possible to watch using VASL please? It's a lot easier (for instance the link above states that it is misconfigured) and I promise not to move any of the counters 😁
Hey Joe - there are a few problems with letting others in - the first is keeping comments in sync. You'll tell me that you won't comment, but we don't want that - we want comments through the game, but due to the twitch lag that won't be feasible with viewers in different channels (the discord guys would also like me to stream there - but that's problematic from my bandwidth point of view). Others, obviously are if anything happens that's strange with counters - it's nicer to know that it's only us that can mess around. I've never had a problem, but others have definitely reported problems with people messing, deliberately or otherwise, with the board-state.

Finally - it's really hard to focus on more than one place - when I'm playing, I'm watching my tech/upstream info, I'm monitoring chat on twitch, I'm keeping an eye on OBS for the stream interface and stream-deck for managing the scene (the counter increments, the turn counter/side display, boxcar counts, etc) - and then I'm trying to actually play, too! (You can tell something has to suffer!)

Knowing I'm not keeping an eye on another vasl window for chat there just means one less thing to worry about.

Glad you could join by twitch, though. If you follow that channel in there there's probably a way to get notified when we do go live. It's only every few months - at least until I move house one day to somewhere with decent bandwidth!

Cheers,

Dave

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dave - good of you to reply - thank you.

No problem, it is just if you do not ask, you do not get. 😁

I thought that you might be busy - which is why I messaged Martin and not you during the game. On VASL as twitch required a sign in which I did not have and appeared unable to set up. I shall give it another go.

Many thanks for all the content - they are all great fun to watch.