Liv Tyler Likes Chess

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A bit sarcastic?

For Some Reason, G-Star Raw Sponsored a Chess Match This Afternoon

Tyler is a spokesmodel for G-Star Raw, which sponsored the event this afternoon. The focus of the day was a chess contest between 19-year-old Magnus Carleson, the No. 1 player in the world, and thousands of web followers voted on moves against him in real time. Naturally, Magnus (who co-stars in the G-Star ad campaign with Tyler) prevailed.

So is Liv Tyler a chess aficionado? "I play a little bit," she told us. "I love it. I was just with a friend yesterday and I was like, 'We have to play chess,' because we have a chessboard in our house. I need a nice chess set, though, because I have a Star Wars one and a Lord of the Rings one, which is kind of embarrassing."
Did anybody participate in this contest? It was being hosted over at Chess.com.

Details

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I did not participate.

I've got enough on my plate beating players from around here at gamesquad without having to worry about Magnus.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't either. I was online like an hour before the kick-off, but I didn't stick around. I sort of regret it. It might have been fun.

Kudos, though, for Chess.com for getting the event! This (formerly) little website has arrived in a big way on the chess scene!