Little help?

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Had a quick go on making a sig based on one of my favourite characters from an anime called Get Backers.

I'm liking how it's turned out so far, but i'm wondering if there's anything else i should add to it (bear in mind i'm still not much more than a beginner). What do you think? :)

And should i leave it as his actual name or his nickname, Dr. Jackal?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
leave the name as it, sounds better than dr.jackal :)

maybe add a border (with a 1 px stroke) and set it to something like overlay.

Maybe add a few more brushes. Try to get some absract or fractal brushes as they would be great for your sig. IT'll give the character i kind of evil effect :)

Also the render seems cut off at the bottom so maybe move him a little down.

Overall, good job :D

Reaction score
Country
ll
Attempt to make the text a little more subtle. :)

If that becomes impossible, then leave it as is, yup.

Add a border. But try to escape the 1px borders.

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wow, i REALLY like it Steph, good job!

Yeah 1px border is needed but i feel asthough the text is fine:)

experiment

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I like it as it is, doesnt really need a border because theres only a little bit of red touching the side but in other sigs a border would probably be useful... Id leave it, its good :D

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the comments guys. :D

There is a border: 1px on the left and right sides and i think i did either 7 or 10 at the top and bottom, but i guess it's hard to tell because of Akabane's hat. I just didn't want to keep using 1px borders around all my sigs so i was trying something different. I'll change it though so it's more visible.

@ Sora: What are Fractal brushes? :eek: And Akabane isn't quite evil (he has that look about him and the soft, sort of creepy voice to match, but he's friendly. *sigh*
), he likes to find people that will allow him to push himself to the limit, he doesn't care if they're good or bad guys either, just as long as he gets to fight.

@ Whiplash: I'll try a bit more with the font, but it's a bit difficult blending a darker red font on parts that are quite red too without making it difficult to read.

I may try a Ginji sig next: it's gotta have one of his chibi fan-dances in it, lmao. :D

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ohh, those. Thanks, i'll work on it again soon. :)

And i'm glad no one noticed that i had to draw in parts of Akabane's hat. :D Lengthwise, that render's a little too small. Even the edges of his arms are cut off a little. :eek:

Last edited: