Little black $$ counters

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just seen the ebay auction for the old HOB SS kits finish $188.50us and $98 us fot the 1st and second sets resp. :eek:

I can't imagine why HOB don't reprint these kits, theres obviously a demand.

ASLgrognard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They can and can't

They can probably reprint the scenarios, but the demand is for the counters. They cannot produce counters in this format anymore due to the agreement with MMP. They may not even be able to reprint the scenarios, IF they conflict with MMP's future publishing plan.

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Since ABTF printed the black SS counters, the ONLY thing of use in the HOB counters is the RED beserk counters and the unarmed leader counters.

Neither of these are vital. However the red beserks are cool when used.

Adrian

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right,

We agreed to not re-publish these counters.

I wonder how much the first signed copies of each would go for?

:roll:

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Heh - I really didn't know that. I'll popout and buy ABTF now. I've never been to interested in the campaign games - so i never read up on it.

What is it about those black ss counters...

ASLgrognard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hitler counter

Der Fuhrer is included to. Good for taking prisoner and executing with the berserk red ss counters.

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
wooohooo

Got ABTF - with all the tasty black ss counters (not sure why some are blue and others are black - dosn't matter.

Its a shame the ss leaders/heroes didn't get named.

Also picked up a copy of J2 with the eratta - a suprise find at my local hobby store since its now oop

"Today is a good day to play'

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Pete AU said:
Also picked up a copy of J2 with the eratta - a suprise find at my local hobby store since its now oop
I guess it's being too hopeful to think there might be a second copy there?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
All good things come to those who wait.

Thanks to the tip-off from good friend "Pete AU", I was able to secure his local game stores final copy of Journal 2 after having decided recently I was never going to be able to afford (or manage to obtain) a copy. Can't go wrong for $US 50 the way Journal 2 is selling for lately! :D

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

One of the guys that puts out La Franc Tireur won my auction for J2, 147 bucks! With shipping costs to france at around 30 bucks, I told him to forget paying for the shipping and I'll cover it, J2 is not bad, but it aint worth close to 200 when combined with shipping. Plus my buddy Rich showed me a few issues of La Franc Tireur and it puts all other ASL magazines to shame.

Scott

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Express mail envelope to france which J2 would fit in: $9. And it gets there in 3 days or less.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

I'm including a bit more then just J2.

Just came back from the post office and the cost to ship two shrink wrapped J2's and some extra's vie global priority came to 18 bucks. Brian, you were only 9 bucks off........

Not bad actually.

Scott

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just did a trade with a person in Norway and He shipped on Thursday (6-24) and it arrived today (Monday 6-28 ) I am waiting to see how long my package to him takes

edit did you know if you put an 8 and a ) together you get 8) automatically on this site