List of Paratroop Landing and Glider Landing scenarios?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Looking to find all the official (Avalon Hill & MMP) Paratroop and Glider Landing scenarios.

I was trying to use ASL Scenario Archive but could not find a way to search explicitly for them.

It would also be neat to see all the 3rd Party ones.

Any ideas on this?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can help some on the TPP side:
{HOB}
OM-1 Morning's Peril (Glider)
OM-2 Glide Path to Hell (Glider)
OM-3 Hill 107 (Glider)
OM-4 The Umbrella Men (Para)
AoC-10 Glide Path to Invasion (Glider)

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can help some on the TPP side:
{HOB}
OM-1 Morning's Peril (Glider)
OM-2 Glide Path to Hell (Glider)
OM-3 Hill 107 (Glider)
OM-4 The Umbrella Men (Para)
AoC-10 Glide Path to Invasion (Glider)
Andy,

Don't forget the 'big' one.....OM-G!

(it's planned for the next Dispatches issue next spring).

Tom

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Search for "glider site:aslscenarioarchive.com" & "paradrop site:aslscenarioarchive.com" using google. This will also turn up things that have "glider" & "paradrop" in the overview and aftermath, but it won't produce that many false positives.

JR

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks fellows this will be a good start.
Search for "glider site:aslscenarioarchive.com" & "paradrop site:aslscenarioarchive.com" using google.
Many thanks for the query jrv!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks fellows this will be a good start.

Many thanks for the query jrv!
I think Carl Nogueira ran a paratroop and glider VASL mini tournament recently.

I bet he has the whole hog of those scenarios somewhere.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Always wanted to play this one!
I've played it twice, the first time with my best friend when we were learning (A)SL. The second time was with Pete Shelling at my second ASLOK, because he'd always wanted to play it (professional interest). That was one of the highlights of my ASL career. I lost, pretty badly, but he demonstrated to me a key lesson I've never forgotten and used to my advantage often since: Range. It sometimes matters (much) more than firepower. In the right terrain, German 4-6-7s can keep the engagement at 5-6 hexes and make American 7-4-7s look like fools.

For my money, GI's Dozen is worth more than all its successors combined. Dunno who Pat Ryan is, but he did a nice job with that pack (he did have choice of scenarios, admittedly). And as much as I dislike grudge rules generally, his on BAZs, I like (PSKs need it less because PFs). :D

PS: It's been years, my VASL calendar is fluid these days, no two playings are the same, we've never played and I'd like to, so...if you really want a crack at it, PM me and I'd love to make it happen. :)

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first three Annual scenarios: A1 Tavronitis Bridge, A2 Bofors Bashing and A3 Descent into Hell all qualify here. I have played all three, not terribly balanced but I really enjoyed them.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the Tito one is a beast. got paras & gliders. can't remember who dun it: HOB, DBftB?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
On the search I gave before, I thought the abbreviations in aslscnearioarchive were standardized. Apparently that's not so.

JR

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the Tito one is a beast. got paras & gliders. can't remember who dun it: HOB, DBftB?
thats right. big OB: paras, gliders, ss men, caves, Tito. long time ago but I remember a particularly bloody affair exacerbated by disastrous landings. fun though

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My buddy & I had a great time with DB093 Thunder From Heaven. As with any air drop scenario it can get to be a little weird with landings all over the place. The neat thing about this one it includes both an air drop (American) and an air landing (British) vs the Germans in '45. Balanced? Who knows, but a ton of fun.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario 36 Rachi Ridge from WoA is a German paradrop scenario. Have fun dealing with the British SAN of 7 and booby traps...