Line Rider for...Wii

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Will be really good on DS, not too sure about Wii though as im sure not many people can keep a straight arm in midair, still sounds...fun lol

Having already amassed a worldwide cult following on the internet, inXile entertainment announced today that it has acquired the rights to the hugely addictive ‘toy’ Line Rider™ and that the popular game will soon be available for both the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo Wii. Since its first appearance on the Web (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40255643/) on September 23, 2006, Line Rider has attracted over 15 million viewers to date and has spawned over 11,000 video posts on YouTube.com. Anticipated to ship in Spring 2007, Line Rider for the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo Wii from inXile entertainment will retain all the fun and thrills of the addictive Web version, but will also include new added features.

Line Rider has received accolades from media worldwide. Time.com commented, ‘Line Rider is becoming one of the most popular flash games on the web’, and The Wall Street Journal called Line Rider ‘Online gamers’ new addiction’. The Toronto Star noted that Line Rider was ‘a deceptively simple online game’ and stated that it has become “the latest Internet addiction”.

“I have been around the interactive entertainment industry long enough to have seen similar phenomenon like Tetris and Bejeweled become massive international hits, and Line Rider has all the elements to do the same,” said Brian Fargo, chief executive officer of inXile entertainment. “Line Rider is like a fully animated Etch-A-Sketch® and will be perfect for the Nintendo DS and Wii.”

Fargo continued, “The amazing thing is that it has appeal to almost everyone. I’ve watched 6 year-olds and adults play Line Rider and both were thoroughly entertained and captivated. Easy to pick up and play, and highly addictive, we are very pleased to be bringing Line Rider to video game players.”

Described as a ‘toy’ by its creator Bostjan Cadez, Line Rider allows players to construct their own track filled with as many ramps, hills, and jumps as they can imagine utilizing a pencil tool. Once the player is done creating their course, they can send a virtual sledder down the route until he wipes out. The possibilities in Line Rider are only limited by physics and the player’s imagination with an almost endless number of variations and replay.

"Line Rider began its life as a project I did for illustration class," commented Bostjan Cadez, who created Line Rider in his native Slovenia. “As much as people see it as a game I think of it as a toy because there is no score and no one wins or loses while playing Line Rider. I’m looking forward to working with inXile entertainment on the new Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii versions as they will bring added gameplay and features."
InXile - Linerider Home

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That would be cool but it would be AMAZING on the DS, it would work so perfectly

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No I won't, I'll be in the pub getting severely blasted on various strong ales. Wii browser will have to wait :D

This could go either way depending on if they provided a decent mission based game.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I seriously cant see the Wii version working. DS on the other hand is perfect.

P.S Wonder how much the kid got payed for the rights for linflyer Lol