Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy,
Since Coastal Fotress is bidding the ASL world adieu tonight,
I wanted to take a moment to publicly thank Steve Svare
and Scott Faulk for their hard work and dedication in making
Coastal Fortress the BEST ASL site on the web.
I'd also like to thank them for giving us amateur scenario de-
signers a place to put up our works, both successes and failures.
CF was the REAL DEAL.
Thanks guys.
Chris Olden

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agree completely. Thanks guys for keeping the site as long as you did. I hate seeing the websites that have vanished now in the last couple of years (CF, the ASLBB, Crossroads, etc.), but man it sure is time intensive to keep them up. Time that may well be better spent actually playing the game. Thanks to all who've had these sites up.

Pete

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have just recently discovered Coastal Fortress and have been downloading their translations of the Tactiques scenarios. Now that CF is closing will these scenarios be available elsewhere?

John

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I sure am glad I spent all that work time, err, I mean weekends, reading everything CF has in their last days.

Did the CF/Crossroads/ASLBB folks try to archive their page somewhere? The sites may no longer be updated, but if there's a lot of static data, at least it would still be available at an archive.

Nat

WesN

Vicious Coon
Reaction score
First name
Wes
Country
llUnited States
I have most of the stuff from the Coastal Fortress website, but I read on the ASLML or thought I read that they did not want all their stuff put back up on the web? Maybe I misread it.

Wes

syfaulk

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's all deeply appreciated. And big thanks in return to the ASL community for supporting us over the short time we were up and running.
Regarding the CF material, it will see light again very soon. I cannot publicly announce where yet, but the deal is all but done and the CDs with all the material are going out in the mail within the next few days.
As for telling everyone we didn't want the material on the web, that's not true. Before we decided on a shut down, we wanted to make sure that the material didn't disappear into the ether. We made sure it had a good home before we shut it down. Soon after publicly announcing our intentions, there were a few people who copied the entire site and uploaded it on to a personal webspace ("Hey, look what I did!, Is that cool with you guys?"). While we are all for the material living on, we are not leaving the hobby altogether, so we do still care what happens to it. On top of that, not all of the material was ours. As many know, when Brien Martin's ASLBB shut down, he named us caretakers of the material. After we declared that CF was ceasing operation, the material needed to return to him. It was not ours to distribute or give permission to do so. Same goes for the PT scenarios.

-Scott Faulk

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy,
Since Coastal Fotress is bidding the ASL world adieu tonight,
I wanted to take a moment to publicly thank Steve Svare
and Scott Faulk for their hard work and dedication in making
Coastal Fortress the BEST ASL site on the web.
I'd also like to thank them for giving us amateur scenario de-
signers a place to put up our works, both successes and failures.
CF was the REAL DEAL.
Thanks guys.
Chris Olden
10 Years.

Man, it just really seems like yesterday.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Did not realise it was 10 years ago, stil have copies of all they did.

gevalim

Reaction score
Country
llCzechia
I obviously did know about the site until today thanks to the fact I am into the hobby for about a year only. Is there any sort of archive or history website where I could check what it is (was) about? I just found two issues of Forward Observer on advancedsquadleader.net, but nothing more so far...

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
went to the way back machine but can't recall the original URL, tried searching on coastalfortress.com but no go

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks to all the Coastal Fortress gang, you were the first site I stumbled upon on the net, and I really appreciated the scenarios and 'zine.
Sorry to see you go, but thanks for the effort over the years.
Hayman.