Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
SBR 1 in this scenario states "Bocage is Light Bocage." After reading the Light Bocage rules, I was expecting something more like "Hedges are Light Bocage".

My feeling is that they really mean what they say in the SBR. In this scenario, hedges are hedges and bocage is Light Bocage.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure someone who knows will reply, but I think I'd play hedges as light bocage. (Walls as walls, etc.)

Sam

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In those scenarios, if i remember correctly, all Bocage is printed as such. With no other SSR; hedges are hedges, and Bocage is Bocage. If an SSR states 'Bocage is Light Bocage', then ONLY printed Bocage is Light Bocage, while Hedges remain Hedges.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
This:

In those scenarios, if i remember correctly, all Bocage is printed as such. With no other SSR; hedges are hedges, and Bocage is Bocage. If an SSR states 'Bocage is Light Bocage', then ONLY printed Bocage is Light Bocage, while Hedges remain Hedges.
It varies by scenario. Sometimes, Bocage becomes LB, sometimes Hedges become LB, so you can have different mixes, depending. I've played both varieties, including BtB11. In this scenario, I'm pretty sure it means exactly what it says: Bocage is LB.

S

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess I am confused as to why anyone would think the SBR is not the SBR????

The beauty of the way we designed the boards and with with Light Bocage rule is that simply by an SBR, those boards easily become very different.

Chas

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This:

It varies by scenario. Sometimes, Bocage becomes LB, sometimes Hedges become LB, so you can have different mixes, depending. I've played both varieties, including BtB11. In this scenario, I'm pretty sure it means exactly what it says: Bocage is LB.

S
Point is..without SSR, the printed Bocage are Bocage, hedges are hedges and walls are walls. To alter any of that you need an SSR.

The SSR in questions does one simple thing, it changes Bocage to Light Bocage...nothing else...no need for any other SSR or rule.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I guess I am confused as to why anyone would think the SBR is not the SBR????

Chas
It was a matter of the SBR not being what I expected. Now I realize, however, the even my expectation was incorrect. The HSR BtB 3 actually states "a SBR defines Bocage as Light Bocage". I apologize for being denser than usual.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I thought this was a fun scenario - I posted in the AAR section about my attempt at it a couple weeks ago. Let us know how it goes.