LIGHT bocage clarification......

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When the SSR states that hedges are light bocage.....does that mean EVERY
hedge and bocage depiction/hexside is considered light?

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
It would seem to me if the SSR states that hedges are considered bocage, that only hedges are considered bocage. On the BtB boards I would assume that the hedges with the brown outlines are still considered normal bocage.

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree with your interpretation and have been playing it that way. Still need to hear it from the horses mouth though.

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Follow up question....is overlay BFP 6a considered to have bocage hexsides even though there is no brown outline on the possible bocage hexspines?
We are playing that they are bocage hexsides and that the hedges are the only light bocage hexsides.

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
You are playing "Bypassed Lehr"? Because the SSR states that all hedges are Light Bocage wouldn't the hedges on O-6a just be Light Bocage as per the SSR?

I don't recall any generally rules that state all hedges on O-6a are bocage. It seems to me without the SSR they would just be treated as hedges.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just played BFP20 - Bypassed Lehr, enjoyable all infantry scenario.

Anyway by SSR#1 all hedges are light bocage. Board 6 plus overlay BFP 6a only have hedges on them, so these are all light bocage. Board BFP E has both hedges and bocage, so the hedges are light bocage, the bocage is still regular bocage.

Seemed clear to us, especially since Chas states in his excellent writeup that some scenarios have both light bocage and regular bocage present.

The BFP E regular bocage takes all the level one hills out of LOS and since the buildings are all one story and stone, the only important difference between the two bocages is movement (1.5 + COT vs 2 + COT) and allowed fire along the light bocage spines.

Rich

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary,

Now I am a friggin' horse!?:)

Dont think I can sum it up better than Rich.

Chas

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now I am a friggin' horse!?:)
Now Chasenstien,

I think that's a whole lot better than being referred to as the hindquarters, doncha tink?

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...