Lies and more lies..

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I look at it the other way round. Money is just a means to an end, whether to buy something or a service, legal or illegal. It's the accumulation of personal power. It enables you to have control over your own life (don't starve, have shelter, etc) or over others. While looking at numbers may give you a warm fuzzy feeling, its potential use is its attraction.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I think I understood your position, that its 'power', and indicated that in my last post. Who are 'they'? Government officials (I presume)? That's it? C'mon now. Be serious. Did the IRS mess with you once?
The people in power. Those who make decisions on who runs for office, who is in office, who get's the money from being in office, the benefits of having a person you control in office. Not all of those are government officials. Some are people like George Soros and Grover Norquist. Some are local officials. Some are Presidents and the people who put them there. You called them "fat cats". I presume you have a definition of them in mind when you say it or is your whole head as vacuous as your posts here? -- jim

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I look at it the other way round. Money is just a means to an end, whether to buy something or a service, legal or illegal. It's the accumulation of personal power. It enables you to have control over your own life (don't starve, have shelter, etc) or over others. While looking at numbers may give you a warm fuzzy feeling, its potential use is its attraction.
I don't have a problem with money. I have a problem with people trying to spend my money from time to time. I don't think money in and of itself is a bad thing. It stops me from having to dig in your garden for a couple of hours in exchange for an oil change. As a convenience, it ranks right up there with the printing press. -- jim

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The people in power. Those who make decisions on who runs for office, who is in office, who get's the money from being in office, the benefits of having a person you control in office. Not all of those are government officials. Some are people like George Soros and Grover Norquist. Some are local officials. Some are Presidents and the people who put them there. You called them "fat cats". I presume you have a definition of them in mind when you say it or is your whole head as vacuous as your posts here? -- jim
I think you simply like to f**k with people. Your responses are sophomoric. How old are you - 14? If you're an adult, grow up.
The term 'fat cats' is one you initiated, then tried to (poorly) describe above. I've already explained my position on this. I think this conversation between ourselves has gotten ridiculous.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you simply like to f**k with people. Your responses are sophomoric. How old are you - 14? If you're an adult, grow up.
The term 'fat cats' is one you initiated, then tried to (poorly) describe above. I've already explained my position on this. I think this conversation between ourselves has gotten ridiculous.
Meh. More weak sauce from you. It isn't discourse to utter question after question as if you're entitled to an answer. I have explained my position. I can continue to do so. What I can never do is understand it for you. If you aren't up to the task, perhaps it's you that needs some growing. -- jim

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're free to think as you wish, right or wrong. The post you quoted painted large, as did your subsequent remark. If that's not your intent, you should be more precise in your quips ;) -- jim
Being a goal of the party does not mean total participation, particularly when it’s a handful of people in charge who seem to be able to dupe quite a few!

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which is hypocritical for the party of the moral majority. I guess values are all relative if it comes to seeking and gaining power. -- jim
Since you don't care about morals anyway it shouldn't bother you.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since you don't care about morals anyway it shouldn't bother you.
I have plenty of morals, just different from the ones you seem to have misplaced. -- jim

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have plenty of morals, just different from the ones you seem to have misplaced. -- jim
I know right where they are at...in Jesus Christ, who himself said...render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. No one has authority unless God grants it. And God has used a lot of different men (including what would be considered evil men) to achieve his plan.

Even more, God warned us against "kings" (earthly leaders)... "This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take your sons and appoint them for his own chariots and to be his horsemen, and some will run before his chariots. He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and some to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers, cooks and bakers. And he will take the best of your fields, your vineyards, and your olive groves, and give them to his servants. He will take a tenth of your grain and your vintage, and give it to his officers and servants. And he will take your male servants, your female servants, your finest young men, and your donkeys, and put them to his work. He will take a tenth of your sheep. And you will be his servants. And you will cry out in that day because your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

Just replace "king" with President, Prime Minister, Dictator, Supreme Leader, Ayatollah, etc...it is all the same. None of us has a complaint because this is what we asked for...and it doesn't make that much difference who is sitting on the worldly thrones. So I voted for what I thought was the lesser of two evils. Which is all anyone can do till Christ returns.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just replace "king" with President, Prime Minister, Dictator, Supreme Leader, Ayatollah, etc...it is all the same. None of us has a complaint because this is what we asked for...and it doesn't make that much difference who is sitting on the worldly thrones. So I voted for what I thought was the lesser of two evils. Which is all anyone can do till Christ returns.
If that's what it takes to sleep at night, good for you. Of course, he could be the anti-christ too. -- jim

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I know right where they are at...in Jesus Christ, who himself said...render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. No one has authority unless God grants it. And God has used a lot of different men (including what would be considered evil men) to achieve his plan.

Even more, God warned us against "kings" (earthly leaders)... "This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take your sons and appoint them for his own chariots and to be his horsemen, and some will run before his chariots. He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and some to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers, cooks and bakers. And he will take the best of your fields, your vineyards, and your olive groves, and give them to his servants. He will take a tenth of your grain and your vintage, and give it to his officers and servants. And he will take your male servants, your female servants, your finest young men, and your donkeys, and put them to his work. He will take a tenth of your sheep. And you will be his servants. And you will cry out in that day because your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

Someone's been sampling the drugs they've been selling again.....

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That is a lie...I understand you get a big kick out of what I did when I was a kid...but I neither do nor sell drugs now...or for decades.
You did. Therefore it's not a lie. Just saying. Seem to recall you wearing it like a badge of honour in the past.

Anyway. I'm intrigued. What religion do I have that I don't admit to as you're so good at mind reading ?