LFT15 DTO Boards

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Scenario testing now can start since we had to wait on the actual maps to be printed by LFT.
Some testers do not VASL.
The Chaco War is being published by Broken Ground (Canadian), but is still waiting on a counter-sheet decision.

The Rif War has 11 scenarios to date with another couple in design.
Still deciding on a couple of new overlays; a Foreign Legion Fort and an Oasis & Village for use on the MMP flat desert boards.
At present I do not have a publisher for the Rif War.

I also have a scenario collection dealing with the US-Mexican conflict in the early 1900s, but they are mostly Cavalry action and I am not sure about their reception. This conflict did not have Trench Warfare.

To those of you who want to look into these events, please PM me.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My copy just arrived. A great looking product all around.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only thing that could improve it would be if it came in a "Freedom sized" package instead of these Euro-dimension things. ;) It complicates my storage. :rolleyes:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suppose I'll have to go back and check all my LFT scenario cards. I've always been worried that some of them might be too long to trim to "Letter" length and that I'd unknowingly trim off something important.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll probably resort to scanning them, adjusting the print size and printing them out on "Freedom" paper. They stay in the page protectors better that way as well and I'll put the originals in the closet with all the other euro-sized originals I've acquired.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, I photocopy all my scenario cards and then store the copies chronologically, by theatre. The LFT ones I have to reduce in size to 93%, then they are regular 8 1/2 x 11.

Brave Lion

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The boards are lovely. I'm having flash backs to Desert Storm. The reason for the DTO/ETO board is because there are oasis' in the desert that are definitely ETO-like. The transition from DTO terrain to ETO terrain is quite startling. Although Northern Saudi Arabia is mostly flat DTO terrain with scrub and hammada (and sand, lots and lots of sand), there are some towns and villages which these boards would depict fairly well.