LFT14 in East Africa

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at my first ASL scenario taking place in East Africa. Anything I should know about the EC absent any scenario SSR's?

Are there applicable DTO rules such as No Quarter effects?
Orchards and Grain always in season?
Other things I'm not thinking of?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Looking at my first ASL scenario taking place in East Africa. Anything I should know about the EC absent any scenario SSR's?

Are there applicable DTO rules such as No Quarter effects?
Orchards and Grain always in season?
Other things I'm not thinking of?
The EC should be listed on the scenario. If not make a dr per B25.5.

If by "No Quarter" effects you are referring to F.5, that rule is only affects scenarios in North Africa as defined in F11.2, per F.5.

Orchard and grain are not always in season in DTO. Certain alternate terrain (olive grove, F13.5) has orchard-depicted terrain as always in season. Olive groves need to be specified by SSR. Kunai is the only grain-like terrain that is always in season that I am aware of, and that would require either that PTO be specified or an SSR.

JR

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, I have played hundreds of ASL scenarios, and never actually played a scenario in this theater. I bought this LFT issue to experience some East Africa scenarios. Just searching for some general guidance on actions there. Like, if I were a scenario designer, what SSR's , EC, and Terrain would I use?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Unlike PTO, there's no invocation of a body of rules by saying, "DTO is in effect." Use of the desert boards (F.1) brings in certain rules. Use of desert overlays brings in the appropriate rules for those overlays. Scenarios set in North Africa bring in F.5. I think everything else has to be invoked by SSR or similar. There are a few rules in Chapter F that apply to the main body too, e.g. trenches & lower levels, hillside walls. I believe these have been inserted into the main body since the time of Chapter F.

JR

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Steve,
Only one East Africa scenario "A push in the bush" uses a desert board and an SSR converts it to Steppe Terrain. So mainly no F.x rules.