LFT shipping problems

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all, and sorry to bother you with some personal problems but it's better that I inform our friends here, since there may be some delays in shipping LFT products.

I am having trouble with my parents, staying at home with me since both of them have Alzheimer, and we just can't handle anymore my dad, who is waking up every couple of hours from midnight to early morning... (among plenty other problems, much worse). Thus, I have been compelled to take a leave and will accompany him to a better place so that he can receive the medical care and attentions he is needing. I should be back here around mid January. In the meanwhile, Lionel has been shipping all the mags and FFS he could, but I haven't been able to keep up the pace with the bills, Paypal requests and such.

Just for your information, as this situation will remain true for about 3 more weeks, after a 4 days break I'm taking tomorrow.... apologies for all the inconvenience this may raise, but there's not much I can do about it right now, apart from posting this here.

Best,

X

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry to hear this about your parents Xavier, it can't be easy but it sounds like you are doing your best for them.

I'm sure everyone will understsnd and be patient.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all, and sorry to bother you with some personal problems but it's better that I inform our friends here, since there may be some delays in shipping LFT products.

I am having trouble with my parents, staying at home with me since both of them have Alzheimer, and we just can't handle anymore my dad, who is waking up every couple of hours from midnight to early morning... (among plenty other problems, much worse). Thus, I have been compelled to take a leave and will accompany him to a better place so that he can receive the medical care and attentions he is needing. I should be back here around mid January. In the meanwhile, Lionel has been shipping all the mags and FFS he could, but I haven't been able to keep up the pace with the bills, Paypal requests and such.

Just for your information, as this situation will remain true for about 3 more weeks, after a 4 days break I'm taking tomorrow.... apologies for all the inconvenience this may raise, but there's not much I can do about it right now, apart from posting this here.

Best,

X
I am really sorry to hear this mate. Family first - all the best to you and the family.

Warm regards, Jack

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Indeed, my brother and his wife just went through similar trying times with her father. Do what you have to do.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
God bless you and your family Xavier. I know all too well how difficult this can be, going through the same with my father in law. Your priorities are correct and ASL can wait.
All our best, from my family to yours.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
X,

My father just passed away a few weeks ago from altzhiemers and my dad was at the point as yours about three years ago. One was a full time job so can’t imagine both. I hope you can find the right place for him and his personality doesn’t change too much. I wish you luck and strength.

Vinny

Best,

X

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My family is dealing with this ourselves. It’s like Mom is not Mom anymore. Such a rough disease process. Fortunately we have big extended family and are able to keep Mom at home for now but she can’t be alone even for a minute.

My thoughts are with you Xavier we can wait for LFT.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My (our) thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Xavier. Aging parents can be a difficult season of life. Amid your care for them, be sure to take care of yourself and try not to do it all alone.

Last edited:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A terrible disease that runs in my family as well.

Take care of your family.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
My (our) thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Xavier. Aging parents can be a difficult season of life. Amid your care for them, be sure to take care of yourself and try not to do it all by yourself.
I believe this is sage advice. It is probably hard to understate the affection and obligation one feels towards one's own parents. But to shoulder everything oneself bears a certain danger to burn oneself out or trap oneself in the feeling of guilt if one feels that one needs help and assistance.