LFT Rat Pocket Charts

Gamer Guy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm a new player to ASL/ASLSK and I wanted to ask a question about the LFT Rat Pocket Charts please.

As far as I know these charts are a re-packaging of the ASL charts found in the game system. Why would a player need to buy the Rat Pocket Charts if they are already supplied with the boxes? Do the Rat Pocket Charts include additional material?

As an ASLSK player would the Rat Pocket Charts benefit me in any way?

Thank you in advance for your help.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The charts are packaged in a single, handy-to-use format. They are all bound together in a single, wire-bound set rather than multiple loose pages. All of the information is from the rules, and while there are some charts that are not present in regular ASL (e.g. the PP/MF chart), most of the charts have corresponding charts in the regular charts. It is purely a matter of convenience. Having all the charts bound together in a smaller form-factor is much more convenient than having many loose pages. You don't *need* the rat charts, but you may find it improves your gaming experience. Similarly the pocket rule book is also something that you don't *need* but may find convenient.

JR

Gamer Guy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The charts are packaged in a single, handy-to-use format. They are all bound together in a single, wire-bound set rather than multiple loose pages. All of the information is from the rules, and while there are some charts that are not present in regular ASL (e.g. the PP/MF chart), most of the charts have corresponding charts in the regular charts. It is purely a matter of convenience. Having all the charts bound together in a smaller form-factor is much more convenient than having many loose pages. You don't *need* the rat charts, but you may find it improves your gaming experience. Similarly the pocket rule book is also something that you don't *need* but may find convenient.

JR
Thanks JRV, what you told me is about what I expected.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As ASL accessories go, it is perhaps the most useful one there is. You can buy all sorts of things like fancy dice, dice towers and the like, but they will increase your enjoyment only marginally. The rat charts are a product that will almost certainly enhance your experience.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I saw them a couple of years ago and thought "why?" If you wanted to you could just print out your own version tailored to suit your needs.
I then used a friend's and immediately bought a set.
No, you don't need them but they are well organised and a very convenient size. By FAR my most used accessory, even more than my dice tower.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just on this, I have found some minor errors in the charts.

Page 9 Nationality capabilities for British and French missing the HoB DRM

Page 20 C13.31 PF Chart missing the drm

Page 8 A22.6 Molotov Cocktails, the DRM should be TK# Mods and Rear Facing should be +1 and not -1.

Gamer Guy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just on this, I have found some minor errors in the charts.

Page 9 Nationality capabilities for British and French missing the HoB DRM

Page 20 C13.31 PF Chart missing the drm

Page 8 A22.6 Molotov Cocktails, the DRM should be TK# Mods and Rear Facing should be +1 and not -1.
If I was to order the Charts from LFT now would these errors be corrected?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If I was to order the Charts from LFT now would these errors be corrected?
This error is from the version 2+ chart, which is (as of 20171024) the latest. The expanded MOL chart was added in the 2+ version along with other enhancements together with corrections to many known issues with version 2. So while version 2+ is improved over version 2, the first two problems above were not addressed and the third was introduced. I am going to guess that waiting for a "perfect" version is going to be a forlorn endeavor, just as with waiting for a "perfect" set of rules.

JR

Last edited: