LFT Rat Pocket Charts v3

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My apologies if this has been asked before...

Please open your v3 Rat Charts to page 15. I draw your attention to the Free French
Nationality Distinctions. The last three lines are in US colours and have the following
squads: 558, 557, 547.

What product are they (as well as the Corps Francs units) from?

Again, apologies if this has been covered.

indy

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please open your v3 Rat Charts to page 15.
indy
Why did this immediately spring to mind ...

ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!

BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one

SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Why did this immediately spring to mind ...

ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!

BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one

SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
Some years back Actiondebbie picked up a couple Monty Python and the Holy Grail tee shirts for me. The amount of compliments and comments I got from random people and strangers was amazing! A comedy classic.🤣🤣

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thread moved to the unofficial LFT support folder.
I hope that it will help receive an answer.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
No problem.
It was not "wrong" to post in the General folder. 😉

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all, sorry we didn't see this thread earlier. The Corps Francs will be displayed in an upcoming LFT product, along with some other units like the Colonial troops and the Foreign Legion.

If everything goes well, it will be available within 2 months, and I will update our webpage as soon as possible. FYI, the countersheets and the maps are already at the printers, and we are finalizing the PT of one of the Campaign games it will contain.

But before this historical module, LFT will also be releasing the Nor'Easter pack II (around late February), designed by Carl Nogueira and Tom Morin :)

All the best,

X

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
But before this historical module, LFT will also be releasing the Nor'Easter pack II (around late February), designed by Carl Nogueira and Tom Morin
That sounds interesting, especially as FrF is currently in hibernation.

von Marwitz

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all, sorry we didn't see this thread earlier. The Corps Francs will be displayed in an upcoming LFT product, along with some other units like the Colonial troops and the Foreign Legion.

If everything goes well, it will be available within 2 months, and I will update our webpage as soon as possible. FYI, the countersheets and the maps are already at the printers, and we are finalizing the PT of one of the Campaign games it will contain.

But before this historical module, LFT will also be releasing the Nor'Easter pack II (around late February), designed by Carl Nogueira and Tom Morin :)

All the best,

X
I think there is some confusion in the discussion. The initial question also bears on the US-colored Free French squads showing on the Nationality Chart. Yes, there were Corps Franc unit in 1939-40 and as Xavier indicated they will come in an upcoming LFT product. They are the blue-colored units on the chart. But the US-colored Free French shown on the chart appear to refer to a forthcoming LFT treatment of the late-war French Army. Interestingly, that Army also had units called or derived from Corps Franc either as commando units raised in French North Africa or from partisan units which formed as conventional units until finally integrated in the French Army units (e.g., Corps franc Pommiès). Thus, the US-coloured units could also serve to represent these late-war French units. I don't know when, and in which product, LFT would release these US-colored French units, but it would be a welcome addition to compensate for the incomplete treatment of the French in the second edition of Croix de Guerre.

telengard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will there be another run of these? Seem to be sold out.

Also, if so, will any of the errata posted here be incorporated?

I can paste the errata here on the forum if folks don't have access.