LFT Overlay Help

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I need a little help before I can add the LFT overlays to the Overlay extension. To which hexes do the 1 and 2 belong in overlays FT01, FT02 and FT03? FT02 looks like it's board specific. Which board might that be? Thanks for your help!

Al

Attachments

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
As fas as I know, overlay FT02 is specific for board 45, as noted in scenario FT22 "El Alcázar de Toledo" depicting the so-named building/fortress. I think that it had no numbers, just hex coordinates.

Regarding Overlay FT01, it is used in scenario FT16 "Les 3 communes", on board 9. As depicted, it should be deployed in 9DD2/DD3, so number 1 should go in the lower hex as depicted in your image, and number 2 in next hex in a clockwise direction. Anyway, note that in this position, every hex should be a higher level than depicted. The former FT overlays had this image, to which I have added the numbers:

Overlay FT03 was used in scenario FT36 "The Mongol ride", which uses desert boards with Ground Snow. I don't know about the position of the numbers 1 and 2, but apparently they have no impact, at least in this scenario. Maybe it was used in some other scenario...

By the way, deluxe overlays were nicely redone, thanks for that. Just a minor improvement for your consideration regarding overlay dx17: as it has an opening in the wall, the overlay should allow for spinning. I cannot use it as indicated in SSR1 of AP177 "A celebratory mood"... which states to place "dx17 on bE1, with the wall opening facing west".

Thanks for all your work, Al. Hope that helps.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@Yarlis thank you!

Good point on dx17. I’ll fix that and get all these overlays incorporated.

Very much appreciated!