LFT next module: The Green Hell of Inor.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Like: We don't like the US-Aussie submarine deal. Oh wait: Wine, not Whine.
Well... we are cancelling a $90 billion contract which has been in place for 5 years, so I can understand them being a little bit peeved. Of course, that's Australian dollars, doesn't add up to much real money.:D

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cannot wait for the Dennis brothers Inor GC AAR with wine recommendations and tasing notes,
Well.... Inor does seem to be closest to Epernay so I do have a 2010 Dom in my wine fridge but someone doesn't like Champagne!

So we might have to expand our selections to other parts of France. We do mostly Rhone, but I've enjoyed several Bourgogne or Bordeaux as well...

But the kickoff would have to be the Dom even if I have to drink the entire bottle, and Dom cannot be used in Mimosa's!!! That's sacrilege! I have a nice $24 bottle of Cava if you want to do that!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone developed Chapter N pages for this module?

Hutch has done a fantastic job with the MMP stuff and I believe someone else has done most/all of the BFP products.

I am asking this because I have kept track of each counter by country since I started playing ASL.

With the release of the CdG/Dinant HASL and Inor the Green Hell, I want to make sure I have not missed out on any other products that have the French counters.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Impressions of Inor

This is a stunning package, up to what I've come to expect from LFT. The map is beautiful, the new counters are first class. My copy doesn't have any obviously out of kilter counters, except for those two with reverse backs, and that doesn't bother me a bit, since I seldom use those extras anyway. I wouldn't even have noticed if it hadn't been mentioned. The included historical data well sets the stage and provides all kinds of delicious detail.

The scenarios are great. In my gaming both sides won a bunch in tough fights, few blow-outs. I've played all but two geo-board scenarios (for which I don't currently have the boards), and enjoyed them all. Most are good old fashioned infantry slugfests, with an awful lot of them taking place in the forest. It's a little like Guadalcanal with French and Germans!

I'm pleased to see 1940 episodes in which the French give as good as they get. So, do I learn that the French were out-generaled rather than out-fought? Something to seriously ponder.

I'm intrigued by the German book that inspired this. I'd get a kick out of reading an English translation.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Thanks Jeffery for your feedback.
The French were well prepared in 1940 ... but to fight a 14-18 style war.
When the conditions to fight this type of war (not blitzkrieg) were met they often stopped the Germans.
In Inor we have some professional units (not draftee) so the fight was even harder for the Germans.

Please don't forget to put your results to the ROAR and / or Scenario Archives.
Lionel

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Help,
I am trying to figure out the little symbols in the upper right corner of the French Counters to figure out what units these are.

I believe one is the 11th Foreign Legion symbols.

But the others I cannot guess at.

What page in what booklet helps me with this info.

I have tried reading the pages, but only find the 11th Foreign Legion symbol to reference.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Laurent,
Thanks for the info.

I like the idea of having Franque Volunteer counters as well. Sort of could be semi-partisan outfits maybe in a DYO mode.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Algerian troops have a broken Morale 1 level higher than printed.

So a RTA 458 is broken 9 ML?

Why were these guys so tough?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
The Algerian troops have a broken Morale 1 level higher than printed.

So a RTA 458 is broken 9 ML?

Why were these guys so tough?
No one higher than standard French squads. So 8 Morale for a 458.

None of the squads added are supermen. i.e. Most of the 14/15 RTA squads are 457 not 458.

As professionals troops they are just close to the efficiency of Germans squads.

Lionel

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
CG 3, French set up instructions.

Most OB given units set up in reserve using cloaking. However, the 25LL and, I presume and CPP purchased groups, do not use cloaking and set up concealed if in concealment terrain.

The retreating elements of 246 and 71 do not set up concealed.

So we have 3 levels of camouflage. Cloaked, concealed and not concealed. Is this the intent?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Yes the AT Gun setups hip and the RG bought concealed.
The 246 th setup unconcealed at start (but most units should gain a ? because out of los of all Germans).

Each side for this first scenario has only 15-18 squads available (not counting the reserves) so it should be played quickly.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Final question for Saturday night. The at start pin does not remove concealment or HIP. Does it remove cloaking? I guess not but I hope so.