LFT next module: The Green Hell of Inor.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi again;

that's not something I'd like to see, 'cause it would mean Inor would become a required purchase to play other, non-HASL scenarios.
This I'd like to see :LOL:

More seriously, there is no requirement at all. Other designers might be willing to use them. Or not. It's just an extra opportunity to enjoy ASL.

You talked about Poland in Flames. Great module by the way :) People may use all those extra counters provided by BFP for their own designs.

At LFT, we have used on many occasions BFP boards as well as HoB's. Are these required modules or scenario packs? Nope... even though we urge players to buy them if they don't have them. But there is absolutely no requirement on buying anything.

Cheers,

X

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Weren't there early war German MGs in Poland in Flames?

If they're the same, it's probably much better if PiF isn't required to play Inor. If not... well, I hope not too many designers start using them, 'cause requiring a HASL to play "normal" scenarios... not cool.
Phillippe, yes BFP's PiF has these counters. Choose your preference (which will be tough!). Everything, IMO about ASL, is cool.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Oh crap, that is entirely my fault I haven't imagined the markings were different. Nice catch indeed.
Well the thing I am almost as passionate as ASL is aviation history - so I have an eye for ridiculous detail when it comes to aircraft pictures and drawings.

This will not diminish the ASL value of the pack at all so I would not worry about it too much.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
The comparison with PiF is only a sideline. I was reacting to Xavier's comment that other scenario designers might pick up the alternative MGs for their scenarios: that's not something I'd like to see, 'cause it would mean Inor would become a required purchase to play other, non-HASL scenarios.
Cannot speak for other designers, but..
when I design for LFT I tend to use some of their material.
For BFP I use their maps.
For the Bunker I used MMP standard material
and etc, etc, and so on.
The use of material is up to the designers and who they submit to, not the one who publish the designs.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cannot speak for other designers, but..
when I design for LFT I tend to use some of their material.
For BFP I use their maps.
For the Bunker I used MMP standard material
and etc, etc, and so on.
The use of material is up to the designers and who they submit to, not the one who publish the designs.
Depending on whom I am designing for, I will used what that publisher allows. The more diversity the better. Those of you that have sat across a table from me know that I use any and all toys. And love them all.

Last edited:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the scenario list on the LFT site, I liked there is a good balance of each side attacking/defending.

At some point, it'd be great to get a rundown on the scenarios, i.e., length, squad/vehicle counts, etc. I have gravitated away from small "scenario-lets" where one bad DR derails the scenario. So, hope to see medium-sized-plus ones.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the scenario list on the LFT site, I liked there is a good balance of each side attacking/defending.

At some point, it'd be great to get a rundown on the scenarios, i.e., length, squad/vehicle counts, etc. I have gravitated away from small "scenario-lets" where one bad DR derails the scenario. So, hope to see medium-sized-plus ones.
Which is why I love HASL! I definitely enjoy the larger games where I am immersed into the atmosphere of history. For some reason I play better with larger scenarios and certainly have more fun playing them.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance

I will post more details on the scenario / CG size later next week.

Regards
Lionel

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes in the module we have special (simple) rules for colonial and Foreign Legion and we need to distinguish them from 'standard' French units.
We have also added some early war MG for the Germans because the divisions involved were partly equipped with older equipment.

Lionel
So, will some of these infantry counters have the same broken ML for squads and only the standard one ML lowering for HSs?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If they're the same, it's probably much better if PiF isn't required to play Inor.
Poland in Flames is by BFP, Inor by LFT. Different publishers.

Your confusion probably arose because you can order BFP stuff via the LFT website.

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I wasn't confused, just somewhat unclear.

My thinking was that if the German MGs are identical to pre-existing non-MMP counters, it's still better to have them in Inor as otherwise one would need the pre-existing product (from a different publisher, sure) to play Inor.

Generally speaking, I don't like TPP material being required to play other products than the ones they appear in. That's one of the few things I don't like with BFP: they published lots of mapboards, and reuse them regularly in different products. I understand that it makes sense, but it tends to "force" one to buy previous packs even if they're only interested in the newest. BFP packs are highly thematic; one can be a Bocage afficionado and not like East Front armor'n fortification slugfests, or vice versa. (I have all of them, so I'm not speaking for myself)

(For some reason, I make an exception of MMP products as they are "official" stuff, but the problem is the same)

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wasn't confused, just somewhat unclear.

My thinking was that if the German MGs are identical to pre-existing non-MMP counters, it's still better to have them in Inor as otherwise one would need the pre-existing product (from a different publisher, sure) to play Inor.

Generally speaking, I don't like TPP material being required to play other products than the ones they appear in. That's one of the few things I don't like with BFP: they published lots of mapboards, and reuse them regularly in different products. I understand that it makes sense, but it tends to "force" one to buy previous packs even if they're only interested in the newest. BFP packs are highly thematic; one can be a Bocage afficionado and not like East Front armor'n fortification slugfests, or vice versa. (I have all of them, so I'm not speaking for myself)

(For some reason, I make an exception of MMP products as they are "official" stuff, but the problem is the same)
This works exactly as intended in most companies. ( I am not blaming anyone. Business is business and nobody is cheating anyone (CH aside, ;)))

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Business is also customers.
And angry or unsatisfied customers harm business.
Business is also making ethical choices, otherwise dealing drugs would be acceptable.
So the "business is business" mantra can be partially debatable.

On the topic, though, I don't mind about TPP reusing boards and counters from other products, especially when that reuse is marginal as is the case with BFP and LFT.
I don't see that as a maneuver to incite people to purchase those other products first, but a way to exploit good resources.
LFT and BFP are hardly "businesses" and much more ASL fan producers: besides a free copy, most contibutors are not paid for their work.

Most of us have a limited budget of course, so we have go live with the slight frustration of not being able to play all the scenarios of a given pack - even though VASL would allow to use boards that we don't own.
For an example, I don't earn CoS, but I don't miss the couple of scenarios featuring CoS boards among the dozens contained in PiF.