LFT next module: The Green Hell of Inor.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like our French counter storage needs another plano/raaco! Hey, is Sgt Camembert eating cheese?

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Great looking pics! French SWs will be just as nice as those done with the Italians?
We try to achieve consistency between the various modules so if you liked the Italian SW, you should like the French ones. They are basically identical to the counter depictions on the existing scenario cards (with some being tweaked a bit).

For instance, here is the French HMG:

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
That red/yellow nose/tail striping on the Bloch 152 is a Vichy aircraft Marking from 1941-42.
Oh crap, that is entirely my fault I haven't imagined the markings were different. Nice catch indeed.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We try to achieve consistency between the various modules so if you liked the Italian SW, you should like the French ones. They are basically identical to the counter depictions on the existing scenario cards (with some being tweaked a bit).

For instance, here is the French HMG:

View attachment 18550
THAT is cause enough to buy this! Absolutely love these counters!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That red/yellow nose/tail striping on the Bloch 152 is a Vichy aircraft Marking from 1941-42.

Otherwise this look really good and I'll be ordering a copy.
Awesome catch!

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
How many of these are really (functionally) different from the existing counters in CdG? (at least some Engineers, looks like)

Or maybe there are rules that require to distinguish between the Legion and Colonial troops?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
How many of these are really (functionally) different from the existing counters in CdG? (at least some Engineers, looks like)

Or maybe there are rules that require to distinguish between the Legion and Colonial troops?
Yes in the module we have special (simple) rules for colonial and Foreign Legion and we need to distinguish them from 'standard' French units.
We have also added some early war MG for the Germans because the divisions involved were partly equipped with older equipment.

Lionel

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just my .02. I had a look at the module during some proofing and there are rules to differentiate between French units of varying quality and characteristics that necessitated new counters.

The rules for them are not obtrusive or overly complex. It looks like a pretty sweet module.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi :)

Yeah, you couldn't forget a healthy dose of chrome :)
The chrome is really light, and instead of having plenty of SSRs for Legion, Moroccans, early war German MGs and such, it was much better to have these new counters (that can be used later on by other designers).

Cheers,

X

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Weren't there early war German MGs in Poland in Flames?

If they're the same, it's probably much better if PiF isn't required to play Inor. If not... well, I hope not too many designers start using them, 'cause requiring a HASL to play "normal" scenarios... not cool.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Not sure to understand your question Philippe ? I don't know about PiF but the German MG in use in the Inor module are all provided.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Not sure to understand your question Philippe ? I don't know about PiF but the German MG in use in the Inor module are all provided.
The comparison with PiF is only a sideline. I was reacting to Xavier's comment that other scenario designers might pick up the alternative MGs for their scenarios: that's not something I'd like to see, 'cause it would mean Inor would become a required purchase to play other, non-HASL scenarios.