LFT next module: The Green Hell of Inor.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

our next module is at the printers and should be released within 3 or 4 weeks.

32 pages rules booklet:

72 pages historical booklet:

16 historical scenarios, 3 Campaign Games and all the usual player aids provided such as CG Roster, French and German Reinforcement Groups sheets, OBA and more.

2 countersheets and 2 x A1 maps printed on matte paper.

Our LFT site will be updated shortly. :)

Best,

X

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Hi all,

More details about Inor (The German title is " Die Grüne Holle von Inor"):

15 scenarios, 11 on the historical map and 5 on Geoboards
2 Night scenarios
3 CG.

Map from Tom Repetti (I don't think it is its first creation :) )

Lionel

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Robin

IT IS!
Gave minor assistance to the playtest.
Large beautiful map.
This is a mostly infantry (some AFV & Guns) on a large map that allows LOTS of maneuver room even for infantry.
Open land, forest and a small city/town for the city folk.
Town in lower elevations overlooked by fields and forest along side a river.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Map from Tom Repetti (I don't think it is its first creation :) )
Dude must be livin' la vida loca what with getting a cut of the gross box office, residuals, and syndication fees. Not to mention all the speaking gigs and honorariums. And don't forget all the map groupies throwing their panties at him wherever he goes. Probably has to beat 'em back with a stick. :whistle::whistle:😁:p

And to think I knew him back in the day when we were both just a couple of hardscrabble map elves scratching out a feeble existence on the plains. Boy done well.

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any pics of the counters? If you did the French like you did the Italians, I bet this will boost sales! Love LFTs counters and use them every chance I get! Just checked your website and see that my answer is yes! Cool! Count me in!

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
If you have the Rat Pocket Chart 3rd Ed. you can see the French Squad values as well as the upper right counter corner symbol used.
The Entire page is on French infantry including in US (green) colors.

Last edited:

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
We will post more counters pictures on tomorrow. Happy to oblige. ;-)

The countersheet contains French infantry (legion, marine troops, corps-francs, Senegalese and Algerian tirailleurs, with leaders), but also some French AFV (with camouflage pattern), German early-war MG, administrative counters, sunken barges, snipers, and some surprises !

The VASL module with the counters is also to be published soon, hopefully before the product is sent to customers.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The historical map (from the LFT site) looks nice, but 2xA1 (ie, A0) is pretty large for very rural terrain that seems heavily wooded. Won't CGs tend to concentrate on small parts of it?

In fact, I'm very curious of this module, and will of course buy it - past experience with LFT products, and Lionel's designs, having been excellent.

What's the scale of scenarios and CGs? (I mean, will we be having slugfests with 50+ squads on each side, or more like 15-20?)

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
The historical map (from the LFT site) looks nice, but 2xA1 (ie, A0) is pretty large for very rural terrain that seems heavily wooded. Won't CGs tend to concentrate on small parts of it?

In fact, I'm very curious of this module, and will of course buy it - past experience with LFT products, and Lionel's designs, having been excellent.

What's the scale of scenarios and CGs? (I mean, will we be having slugfests with 50+ squads on each side, or more like 15-20?)
On the first day of the battle the Germans took by surprise the village on the lower left of the map and the rest of their troops arrived from the north East. What is interesting in this battle is that you will have 3-4 very different places for the German (or French from time to time) to attack: The village itself, the farm on the top of the map, the large wood on the right and the small wood between Inor village and the farm. So the front can be very large.

CG II and III start with the German coup de main on Inor. We have 10-15 squads on each side. For the 2nd scenario you should have 25-30 squads on each side and after that around 50 squads on each side. Given the length of the front the density is not huge and you have plenty of room to maneuver.

Lionel