Level Specific Rubble Counters

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok...here is an attempt to make some Stone Rubble counters on level specific color counters.

Pretty rough I know...but any thoughts/suggestions on these?

Like maybe don't quit my day job...:)

Level Only.png Level Units.png

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I made these for Festung Budapest. I would try for something like this instead of the glob of yellow.

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
i

I made these for Festung Budapest. I would try for something like this instead of the glob of yellow.
Why not keep the original counter but adding a label similar to the naming of leaders so that one can write LVL 1, LVL 2 etc wihin the counter art?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I should have indicated I made these for FtF play. They are similar to some that Bounding Fire released I believe, with the level color ringing the outside. These are paper so they can go under the plexi to get rid of too many counters on board. I only posted them because I thought the ring of color idea was good. Better than coloring the entire rubble.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Why not keep the original counter but adding a label similar to the naming of leaders so that one can write LVL 1, LVL 2 etc wihin the counter art?
That would me my approach for the purposes of VASL.

von Marwitz

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would me my approach for the purposes of VASL.

von Marwitz
Really? A label on a Rubble counter is easier to see with high counter density than a counter with the level color on the edges? The color is universally recognized as building level x.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Really? A label on a Rubble counter is easier to see with high counter density than a counter with the level color on the edges? The color is universally recognized as building level x.
I am not saying that other solutions may be thinkable, conceivably even better. But upper level rubble is pretty rare in the average game.

In VASL, it does not make much of a difference because of the mouse-over function.

In cardboard, the rubble counter will be placed above the level counter. As there can be no rubble in different levels of a building, the level counters of levels beneath the rubble will be visible by their color-code except if you had 5/8"counters in upper fortified building locations. So, for indentification purposes, it does hardly make any difference in practice. However, color-coded rubble by level could reduce counter clutter by one 5/8" level counter which would otherwise be placed directly beneath the rubble counter.

von Marwitz