Letter to JR a post on bypass in anther forum.. See A12.42

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
@jrvjrv

Jul 19, 2022 (edited)

Michael@mixykym

JR V@jrvjrv

It's in bypass that concealment is stripped automatically. Entering the obstacle proper does not force automatic concealment loss, although there may be a PAATC required. If entering the obstacle or ending the MPh in the obstacle led to automatic concealment loss it would be more understandable to me.

IT DOES

12.42 BYPASS: A vehicle entering a concealed enemy's Location using Bypass may not attempt an OVR as part of that entry or even be informed of any hidden unit(s) therein. Concealed unit(s) in the Location are revealed due to the vehicle's presence only voluntarily, or if the vehicle/its-Passenger(s)/Rider(s) end the MPh in that Location [EXC: a "broken" vehicle cannot cause concealment loss; 12.1]. Since a Bypassing vehicle occupies only the hex containing the terrain being Bypassed (C.5C), it has no effect on the concealment of any unit(s) in an adjacent hex.

I am also pretty sure it means its MPh as I can't think of any other instance when there is a global end of MPh action in terms of any of the just done Mph..

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
@jrvjrv

Jul 19, 2022 (edited)

Michael@mixykym

JR V@jrvjrv

It's in bypass that concealment is stripped automatically. Entering the obstacle proper does not force automatic concealment loss, although there may be a PAATC required. If entering the obstacle or ending the MPh in the obstacle led to automatic concealment loss it would be more understandable to me.

IT DOES

12.42 BYPASS: A vehicle entering a concealed enemy's Location using Bypass may not attempt an OVR as part of that entry or even be informed of any hidden unit(s) therein. Concealed unit(s) in the Location are revealed due to the vehicle's presence only voluntarily, or if the vehicle/its-Passenger(s)/Rider(s) end the MPh in that Location [EXC: a "broken" vehicle cannot cause concealment loss; 12.1]. Since a Bypassing vehicle occupies only the hex containing the terrain being Bypassed (C.5C), it has no effect on the concealment of any unit(s) in an adjacent hex.

I am also pretty sure it means its MPh as I can't think of any other instance when there is a global end of MPh action in terms of any of the just done Mph..
The concealment loss/gain table confirms that concealment is lost when the vehicle ends its MPh.

Last edited: