Lets get started with the tournament(signup sheet)

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I guess we had better start with the preliminary work for this tournament.

I guess the first thing we need to decide, is which game we are going to use. I don't think we should use any untested scenarios this time. My thoughts are to run a tournament with double knockout. This allows for players to get more enjoyment. Yhere will be 2 pools. After the first round, the losers will all go into pool B, and the winners into pool A. After the second round the same will happen again. And so on, and so on. I will post a complete set of rules at a later date. For now I would like all parties interested in playing to reply to this thread. When you signup on this thread, just put your vote in at that time as to which game(scenarios) to use. Please remember that you must commit to this tournament for the long haul. We need players that can play at a rate of 1 turn ever 2 days.

I will be running this thing myself, so please go easy on me. I'm only one person. I will do my best to keep this contest running smoothly.

Any questions??? Post them with your thread, or you can PM or email me direct.

Let's have a blast.

Cheers,
Ray

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
oh oh oh me me, pick me....:nuts: ;)

Okay but really I want to be in this tournament:cheeky: Um....Im drawing a blank as to what scenarios I would want it on:eek: but I will think on it and get back to you.:)

Condor55

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I'd like to be included. Also...

....I'm thinking, a couple of years ago at The Blitz they had this 5 or 6 scen tourny about the role of the Tiger in Africa. Some guy from Belgium built the scens for that tourny. Anyone know/remember what I'm talking about?

an hour or so later.....

Hmmm...so there were actually 8 scens :crosseye: in that tourny concerning the role of the Tiger in Africa:
Medjez-El-Bab
Chouiqui Pass
Terbourba
Massicault
Quesseltia
Sidi Bou Zid
Hunter's Gap
Djebel Jaffa

Big scens, pretty complex, not all of them too balanced, but good fun. Availble at The Blitz if you wanna check 'em out...

Last edited:

Tiger 88

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CS Tourney - Count Me In!

Perhaps some LCG files from either East or West front could be used. Just have to rename them .scn scnenarios - just a thought - but count me in for sure! Tiger 88!

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Tiger 88 said:
Perhaps some LCG files from either East or West front could be used. Just have to rename them .scn scnenarios - just a thought - but count me in for sure! Tiger 88!
That sounds like a good idea and then we could develop sort of story/progression as each rounds goes on.

Another theme I was think of for a tournament would be centered around "The Battle of the Bulge" I think there are alot of good scenarios out there for that, just an idea,:)

Big Ivan

Reaction score
OK, I'm in as the rep from Russia!

Scenarios: Go for the Leibestraum(sp).
Go east! EFII plus PB#1 disk add on. How about all the battles around Korsun for starters?!
Like:
Bake to the Rescue.
Hill 239.
Escape from Korsun.
Closing the Trap.
Breakout at Kirovograd.
Tigers Forward.

to name a few.
Nothing like Russia in the winter!!
Nostrovia! ;)
Big Ivan

Private Idaho

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm In!

Every tournament needs good cannon fodder ... I'm in! :rolleyes:

Private Idaho

P.S. Krink, I have attached a sample double elimination format that might be a good fit ...

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
heck! Let us see who is gonna be breaking my neck! :devil:

I am IN! :D

Spartan

Reaction score
Country
ll
It's my first tourney, so please be gently with me.....
Sign me up please, not too bothered about which scenarios you use...

Spartan
"Come back with your shield - or on it" (Plutarch, Mor.241)

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
signup deadline

I thought I should add a deadline for signing up. I would like to get this tournament underway A.S.A.P., as I'm sure most if not all of you folks are ready to Rumble! I will cut off the signup at 11:9PM est. June 15th.

The rules and tournament outline will follow the deadline.

Cheers,

Ray

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Triaxe said:
A new Tournament sounds great, count me in!
Didn't talk to ya for a long time, Tom :) how is everything going? esp your BHD team? :)

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Tournie

Hi all, newbies and old hands, although out of touch and practice i throw my hat into the ring once more to do battle with you honourable gentlemen., Oh, and Widow Twanky, we shall have to raise a curtain on a new production!!!

cheers
Scorched Earth

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok folks....
Due to a great response from everyone, and the fact that we are at 16 right now, I am ending the signup now. If anyone else wishes to join by the 15th, I will place them on a waiting list(taxi sqad), and they will be able to play if we get 4 more to reach 20 players. Or, if we do have an unforseen problem where someone has an emaergency or the like, and cannot finish, it's good to have players waiting in the wings.

Stay tuned for the tournament layout and rules coming soon.

Cheers,
Ray