Less Intense US Colors

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'll talk with Doug and we'll see if we can somehow make a less-fluorescent version available. A little brighter/lighter than what I showed above, but not quite so... AMERICAN.
Hi

Happy to talk but Al Cannamore is much more the counter expert than I am. I strongly suggest you start with him for something like this.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tease of course.

I like the ‘mericans as they are.

But if Tom wants to do the conversion and others prefer it, I won’t object.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug and I talked it over and we decided to table it for now.

First off, letting players choose their own unit backgrounds is NA, IMO. I recall VASSAL has that functionality in some way, but as it is now, the VASL counters are hardwired to be the colors they are, and I don't know how one could change them via prefs.

Enabling two separate colors of Americans in the same module is theoretically doable but more work than I'd want to do and kinda breaks the paradigm more than I'd want.

Creating a new VASL mod file seems fraught with peril, because somebody is going to wonder why there's a different version and which is the latest. I know you blokes, and that's just how you are.

Putting a Secret Version out there somewhere just for the In Crowd to use is not how I want to operate.

And frankly, it seemed like there were enough people who like their Ugly Americans the way they are, so there isn't enough reason to change the official module.

Which leaves me with the option of posting instructions here on how to make the change yourself. Which would involve walking people through the steps of using Gimp and its Batch Image scripting tool BIMP, and quite honestly that's more pain than I want to go through. As I said, I know you blokes, and some of you would hurt yourself.

So in the end, I am going to be the only one in the world with Right-Colored Americans, and I find that I'm not unhappy with that situation. Sod off, ya wankers.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don’t post any screen shots of your right colored Americans Tom. That is unless you want us to suffer from unit envy. ?