Legitimate Scenario Titles

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey How about Kitty Litter it could be a battle during "Operation Goodwood or the Epson Battles". The Panther and Tigers really left a lot of British vehicles littering the field.

:clap: Jimfer

tekay44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How bout None But The Brev. It would be a 3 or 4 turn scenario, of course.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
The Easy Company Octuplet Scenario Pack

1. Sgt. Rock in a Quarry
  2. Bulldozer Beaches in Bali
  3. Wildman West of St. Lo
  4. Jackie Johnson Joins the 761st at the Bulge
  5. Little Sure Shot Snaps Fredrick Zoller's Streak
  6. Ice Cream Soldier Fights in Finland
  7. On the bloody morning after....
    One Tin Soldier rides away.
  8. Hot Head Heats Up the Battle

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Prefer this

In fact the only reason I looked up Spandau Ballet was because I picked up a greatest hits album, and I thought to myself, "hey self, how did they end up with that name?" Now I know. Or at least I think I know.

JR

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Easy Company Octuplet Scenario Pack

1. Sgt. Rock in a Quarry
  2. Bulldozer Beaches in Bali
  3. Wildman West of St. Lo
  4. Jackie Johnson Joins the 761st at the Bulge
  5. Little Sure Shot Snaps Fredrick Zoller's Streak
  6. Ice Cream Soldier Fights in Finland
  7. On the bloody morning after....
    One Tin Soldier rides away.
  8. Hot Head Heats Up the Battle
Nice!
Sgt.Rock was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I designed a scenario many years ago that had Easy Co. up against an immobilized Tiger 1 and it's repair/rear guard crew.
I think it was 5 heroes and an Heroic 10-2(Sgt.Rock of course) armed with DCs, BaZ'44s, and a FT.
Good fun.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't Go There
Waste of Time
Unbalanced Dog
The Greatest Scenario Ever

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
So Honza just what would constitute an illegitimate scenario title? ;)
Not sure; this thread is over 10 years old and I'm sure I have changed since then. But something like a really silly title would be illegitimate. But then again Glennbo got away with some pretty silly titles....lol.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am working on a scenario depicting the mad charge of the Ariete into Bir Hakeim. I hesitate to call it either Examination Cancelled (the French naval infantry gunners were waiting for a British instructor in order to validate their training but had their baptism of fire that day and examination was cancelled).

Or it can be named after the encrypted message transmitted to announce the victory in the "Omoplate" code that used the Free French, composed of a mix of homonymy, slang and random words, preferably obscene. It translated roughly to "Vigorous ass-hair to the bone" (poil de cul vigoureux jusqu'au trognon).

You decide. :D

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given the risk of seeing contributions turn up as names of someone else's scenarios, I'll offer a few that I've thought of, but which I think are either so specific or so terrible that the risk of someone borrowing them is minimal. All of these are for actual battles that I've researched for scenario possibilities:

"A Bridge Too Far Gone" -- Scenario based on a retreating force discovering that the bridge they were planning to cross had been washed away in a flood.

"Black Gun Parade" -- The title is from a Kelly Sweet song and immediately came to mind for a scenario based on what was planned as a victory parade turning into a battle (could be alternately titled, "Don't Count Your Chickens").

"Smurfed" -- From the cartoon famously featuring blue characters for a battle involving troops suffering from cyanosis after a high-altitude mountain crossing.

"No More Pencils...." -- From the classic children's rhyme for a mutiny at a military academy.

"Leap of the Dying Horseman" -- Parodies the famous book title Death of the Leaping Horseman for a battle where the seeming death of a commander on horseback is an important part of the events. I've previously outlined here an idea for an SSR to deal with the uncertainty of whether the commander is dead or not.

"Sodom is Saved" -- The title is from a report from a Christian missionary describing the outcome of a battle.

"Flight of the Wild Turkey" -- For a battle in which one side received air support from a mercenary pilot who was rumored to "fortify" himself prior to his missions.

"A Profound Understanding" -- From the report that a commander sent after the battle.

"Schrodinger's Airplanes" -- For a battle in which a commander was told that air support was inbound, but it never arrived and where at least one person claims the air support was countermanded when it was already en route to the target. I'm thinking through an SSR that creates uncertainty for both players about when and how much air support arrives without making it completely random.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
"Schrodinger's Airplanes" -- For a battle in which a commander was told that air support was inbound, but it never arrived and where at least one person claims the air support was countermanded when it was already en route to the target. I'm think through an SSR that creates uncertainty for both players and about when and how much air support arrives without making it completely random.
Yeah but you have to use the Quantum Wave Function Fire Table (QWFFT) for all fire attacks. If you have a 2nd hand Cray then it's doable.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
How about: French seamen shot early

I am working on a scenario depicting the mad charge of the Ariete into Bir Hakeim. I hesitate to call it either Examination Cancelled (the French naval infantry gunners were waiting for a British instructor in order to validate their training but had their baptism of fire that day and examination was cancelled).

Or it can be named after the encrypted message transmitted to announce the victory in the "Omoplate" code that used the Free French, composed of a mix of homonymy, slang and random words, preferably obscene. It translated roughly to "Vigorous ass-hair to the bone" (poil de cul vigoureux jusqu'au trognon).

You decide. :D

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about "Attu-D2" covering some action on D+2 after the Operation Sandcrab landings? What action that might be I don't know, as I thought of this while reading about the fighting on Attu on the internet the other day and didn't really see anything in particular occurring on 13 May 1943 (the original landings were 11 May). However, I did give myself a little pat on the back for coming up with such a clever name for a potential scenario...:highfive: