Legendary Item Changes

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legendary Items are getting yet another makeover, which looks to be a good one.

As usual they've re-done the entire LI system including Relics in a complicated way so you'll have to read the article for the details. :(

But very basically:
Example
1. Say you have two weapons (must be of same type and class): with 2 Burglar Daggers.
Weapon One has some great abilities and Weapon Two has 1 great ability that you wish was on Weapon One.
2. So, you must first get one of those legendary weapons to level 30 at which point you can deconstruct it and then you get a Scroll of abilities from it.
3. You can then use that scroll (with that great ability) and place it on the other weapon.
4. You now have one Weapon with a lot of great abilities.

View attachment 32600

THANK GOODNESS!

However, I must now mention the obligatory Turbine Store angle :pIMP:: for just a few bucks... you can buy 2 additional ability slots for your weapon. (Admit it, you saw that coming didn't you!)

Relics: bottom line they have reduced the number of Tiers from 9 to 6 but increased the number of runes in each from 6 to 10 plus other strange number modifications you'll have to read about if interested.

View attachment 32601

This next update is massive and looks to be good for all players. :thumup:

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/1054-update-2-legendary-item-system-remvamp-developer-diary

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a freaking mess the LI system now is... :mad:

Last time I was in the game I did a quick look at it and the relic system and said I'd have to study it another time and logged out. (This was after I thought I knew what it was about).

After popping in again to see if I could figure it out now... I spent WAY TOO MUCH FRIGGING TIME just trying to figure out what the new "symbols" on my Legendary items were and by the time I finally guessed at it and found some information that's almost TWO YEARS OLD I had no desire to try and figure out how the Relic system now works or play the game!! :angry:

Apparently the symbols indicate if the skill is a Pool A or Pool B Legacy (I never found any actual confirmation but it looks to be accurate)
View attachment 33054

This is the link but it's from 11/09.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?304680-New-and-Improved-Legendary-Item-Guide

I think it's been 6 weeks (based on my kinship house payments) since I last actually played the game and I have no real urge to jump back in and play again yet. (Better weather usually = less PC time anyway) The new stuff sounds interesting but that’s just it- it's more stuff on top of all the STORE stuff they keep shoving in my face. (This is just “cheapening” the game to me) Not even the Spring Festival holds any interest, which looks to be a straight repeat of last year’s event. Not to mention the 2 full splash screens that plaster the Turbine Store across the screen- sometimes I even forget there's a game attached to it...

I now see that you can buy a scroll (?) that halves the Return Home Map (Milestone) “cool-down” timer to 30 minutes from 60. With all the other ways to “Fast time” it around the game they should just sell “point & click” anywhere on the map Scrolls and be done with it.