Leaving gamesquad

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Stunning this isn't locked yet. That's the new mod's general reaction to any thread he doesn't like.

OTOH, I half-wonder if JR is playing a prank here.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It was--and perhaps will remain--an excellent resource because the people who came here, not because of the infrastructure. If the people don't feel welcome or valued, they can make someplace else an excellent resource just like they made this place. We the people may not own the circus, but we are the clowns that put on the show. Without the clowns, the circus is just a musty old tent. -- jim

@RandyT0001

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for changing your answer. I appreciate you following the rules. It still isn't civil IMO, but de gustibus non est disputandum.

Having said that, you also see Jazz's answer above which confirms the point I made: moderating decisions were Don's and not ours. You were not a mod and not part of the private discussions where moderation decisions were made so have no basis to say otherwise. While your uninformed opinion may be this is hogwash, the two remaining principals in the matter say you're factually wrong. We should know. If we were doing moderation correctly, you should not. About the only hard and fast rule was to not allow illegal activity which extended to pleas for copyright infringement as you well know. -- jim

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Hidden thread but not deleted. From bully to coward.
It's not hidden. It was moved from the main ASL forum to the Chit Chat sub-forum. It shows up in both the main directory - as a redirect - and the directory of the sub-forum. It's actually more visible now, as it is linked in two places rather than just the one.

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
It's not hidden. It was moved from the main ASL forum to the Chit Chat sub-forum. It shows up in both the main directory - as a redirect - and the directory of the sub-forum. It's actually more visible now, as it is linked in two places rather than just the one.
It wasn't in both when initially moved, Only in the ASL Chit Chat. It was added as a redirect recently.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It wasn't in both when initially moved, Only in the ASL Chit Chat. It was added as a redirect recently.
Not to pick on you, but you still have a Trump avatar which another member was forced to change away from too. -- jim

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for changing your answer. I appreciate you following the rules. It still isn't civil IMO, but de gustibus non est disputandum.

Having said that, you also see Jazz's answer above which confirms the point I made: moderating decisions were Don's and not ours. You were not a mod and not part of the private discussions where moderation decisions were made so have no basis to say otherwise. While your uninformed opinion may be this is hogwash, the two remaining principals in the matter say you're factually wrong. We should know. If we were doing moderation correctly, you should not. About the only hard and fast rule was to not allow illegal activity which extended to pleas for copyright infringement as you well know. -- jim
The guy who liked your post banned me for a month for insulting him as “insulting a mod”. So this idea that anything goes (went?) is not exactly true, and mod privilege existed before now, despite it only being highlighted now.

Not to say Randy isn’t being heavy-handed..

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
It wasn't a Trump avatar, it was a Trump/Mussolini merge picture, meant to be a joke, not political. Whatever.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The guy who liked your post banned me for a month for insulting him as “insulting a mod”. So this idea that anything goes (went?) is not exactly true, and mod privilege existed before now, despite it only being highlighted now.

Not to say Randy isn’t being heavy-handed..
That was like 5-6 years ago, apparently not only elephants never forget. Almost as bad as an ex-wife.

Back when I actually spent anytime moderating. And that was on Don's order that you got the heave-ho for a month.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was like 5-6 years ago, apparently not only elephants never forget. Almost as bad as an ex-wife.

Back when I actually spent anytime moderating. And that was on Don's order that you got the heave-ho for a month.
Thanks for proving my point, elephant.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Just for clarification, why was Andy’s thread locked because he had left and couldn’t respond but JR’s is open for discussion?
I do not know the answer to this one either. And I am one of the very very few of you who have actually had a working lunch with "the new King". (I won FrF88 Panzer Shield as the Attacker at ASLOK 2019. Our lunch date was very amiable. I basically like the guy - genuflect, genuflect, genuflect :).)

Being a relative novice and having attended 11 ASL tournaments in 2019, which I believe is - by far - a world record for that year, I have/had three reasons to be active on Gamesquad:
  1. Read everything in the Events & Tournaments section.
  2. Get better at rules by following the Rules and Errata section.
  3. Trigger certain easily triggered Swedes to go on a rant.
Recent events have changed the situation:
  1. Most tournaments are cancelled for now due to Corona. Too bad, but the new King is not to blame. Even if ASLOK would not be on, I hope to go to Albany :) .
  2. Well, IMHO there are only three true ASL rules authorities. Perry. JRV. and Klas. Perry is not active on Gamesquad. That leaves JRV and Klas. My VASL partners and I uniformly always stop discussing an issue if JRV or Klas Malmström answered in a thread. With JRV leaving and Klas seemingly being less active lately (?), I am open for alternatives. I worked for Jack Welsh at GE once, my view on loyalty has been formed by him...
  3. My one constant pet peeve on Gamesquad has been the drunkedness of Swedish players at Scandinavian Tournaments (don't get me going, just read my previous posts :) ). Anyway, maybe Copenhagen Open will clean up their act and ban repeatedly drunk (Swedish) players. Maybe not. Swedish tournaments will remain open for excessive alcohol consumption, I am sure (Andreas Carlsson - you are the towering exception among the Swedish TD's - towering example). Anyway, I guess this remains my (only?) reason to remain active on Gamesquad for the time being. Sad. So sad. But true. So true.

Last edited:

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do not know the answer to this one either. And I am one of the very very few of you who have actually had a working lunch with "the new King". (I won FrF88 Panzer Shield as the Attacker at ASLOK 2019. Our lunch date was very amiable. I basically like the guy - genuflect, genuflect, genuflect :).)

Being a relative novice and having attended 11 ASL tournaments in 2019, which I believe is - by far - a world record for that year, I have/had three reasons to be active on Gamesquad:
  1. Read everything in the Events & Tournaments section.
  2. Get better at rules by following the Rules and Errata section.
  3. Trigger certain easily triggered Swedes to go on a rant.
Recent events have changed the situation:
  1. Most tournaments are cancelled for now due to Corona. Too bad, but the new King is not to blame. Even if ASLOK would not be on, I hope to go to Albany :) .
  2. Well, IMHO there are only three true ASL rules authorities. Perry. JRV. and Klas. Perry is not active on Gamesquad. That leaves JRV and Klas. My VASL partners and I uniformly always stop discussing an issue if JRV or Klas Malmström answered in a thread. With JRV leaving and Klas seemingly being less active lately (?), I am open for alternatives. I worked for Jack Welsh at GE once, my view on loyalty has been formed by him...
  3. My one constant pet peeve on Gamesquad has been the drunkedness of Swedish players at Scandinavian Tournaments (don't get me going, just read my previous posts :) ). Anyway, maybe Copenhagen Open will clean up their act and ban repeatedly drunk (Swedish) players. Maybe not. Swedish tournaments will remain open for excessive alcohol consumption, I am sure (Andreas Carlsson - you are the towering exception among the Swedish TD's - towering example). Anyway, I guess this remains my (only?) reason to remain active on Gamesquad for the time being. Sad. So sad. But true. So true.
Here is a great place!