Leaving gamesquad

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't have the rules knowlegde of JR. But I'll stay. Period.

Best format here, best resource, and I have the impression that some people elect to inflate things to an extent that is neither necessary nor justified. Don't turn this into some sort of FaceBook where everything is hyped.

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would not want to lose the accumulated rules questions and answers that are in this place, however.

The blame is not on one side of the conflict either.
We can all try to cool down and settle things in a constructive way.

buser333

Reaction score
A post of mine was deleted. I will try to find a place to discuss asl elsewhere. Farewell.

JR
I too hope you consider sticking around. Your sharing of your vast rules knowledge is an uncountable benefit to the ASL community.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ok, so now I see- you can make a thread by inserting a code- but the messages and thread disappear after a while. So in effect one should hag around on a daily basis anyway. Not the way I like it.
Dude .. nothing is going to replace the GS structure. That's what I said love it right off the bat. Having said that, if you have threads you wanna keep I have a command to keep them. :)

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I found Jazz and Sparafucil moderation style too lax, yet i stayed. Now that the new boss is tilting the pendulum the other side, i will stay as well. As the new moderation policy concerns only a tiny fraction of the posts written on GS.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I would not want to lose the accumulated rules questions and answers that are in this place, however.

The blame is not on one side of the conflict either.
We can all try to cool down and settle things in a constructive way.
Too bad you don't own the forum!!

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Dude .. nothing is going to replace the GS structure. That's what I said love it right off the bat. Having said that, if you have threads you wanna keep I have a command to keep them. :)
Sorry, Jack I did not mean to be offensive to you personally - I just tried to get my head around what it is and how it worked.

Apologies for any bad feelings caused my blunt one liner, peace, love understanding (not hugs and kisses as social distancing the them for the day)
:)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I found Jazz and Sparafucil moderation style too lax, yet i stayed. Now that the new boss is tilting the pendulum the other side, i will stay as well. As the new moderation policy concerns only a tiny fraction of the posts written on GS.
Just to be clear, it wasn't our style. It was the owners style. We were merely instruments. -- jim

@RandyT0001

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Too bad you don't own the forum!!
I am not insane. ?
Having been a moderator for five years in the past, I know how complicated it can be to do things right - and I certainly failed on some occasions.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry, Jack I did not mean to be offensive to you personally - I just tried to get my head around what it is and how it worked.

Apologies for any bad feelings caused my blunt one liner, peace, love understanding (not hugs and kisses as social distancing the them for the day)
:)
MATE ..none taken at all. ASL Discord has been around since 2018 and it's a different form of communication for folks who prefer it. :)

PS The LAST thing I'd ever dare to do is to mess with a Finn, quite honestly, no matter what you say ..

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am not insane. ?
Having been a moderator for five years in the past, I know how complicated it can be to do things right - and I certainly failed on some occasions.
Not that anyone REALLY cares but I am staying just for you, you know that .. right?
(Not sure why we started to line up to pledge allegiance .. but here I am .. :) )

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
If you deeply disapproved, I would guess that you would have resigned.
I would have. I disagreed from time to time but generally, the style was according to much of my life view. You all here are grown men, and in most cases, know one another personally. I would not step into the squabbles between men in real life, I don't see why you should expect me to here. If you asked for help, then I might try, but for the most part, who am I to tell you how to live or how to behave? If your parents and significant others could solve it by the time you posted here, what was I going to do? Generally, things sorted themselves out on their own. As you said above, "The blame is not on one side of the conflict either". Often times, a little self introspection could solve the problems and people were encouraged to do that.

Those are a lot of words to say, if you deeply disapproved, I would guess you would just leave. In fact, Robin left and came back under a pseudonym Swiftandsure, so I guess, in the end, you didn't disagree strongly either and things worked themselves out. -- jim

@RandyT0001

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No need to leave JR you've been here as a source of good information on the forums. Give it a little time and reconsider then come back and join us. I'm sure most members would rather have you here than not.