Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Bulls--T!
You know this how? Were you a moderator? Have you spoken with Don about how he asked to moderate? Remember, I am talking about the period before you bought the forum, not after. -- jim

PS: If the policy is no cursing, then putting spaces does not change the fact you're cursing.

@RandyT0001

Edit to ADD: From your post here on the rules (emphasis mine):
First, do not make irrelevant, off topic posts in threads.

Second, write posts that are respectful. Use words and language like you would with a business client / customer, your work supervisor’s boss’s boss was there, in church – with civility. No personal attacks and no group attacks. No profanity.

Third, when you start a thread, write at least a couple of sentences to indicate what aspect of such a wide topic is to be discussed.

Fourth, no political posts, not even as jokes.
First, it's profanity. Second, does this response meet the standard for civility embedded in your second rule in your opinion?

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The moderation policies were set by Don Maddox. Period.

Not sure where you are getting your information from Randy, but I don't recall seeing you around the halls of Moderation Central when all of this was going on.

For the record, I did try to leave on multiple occasions, but Don prevailed on me to stay.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
How long until Exit Threads are forbidden? Post one, and face the consequences!
Not speaking of leaving GS but of leaving the ranks of moderation.

Me personally, if and when I do leave GS, I will just fade away.

Surprised your avatar is allowed given the political overtones of the picture. At least one other member was compelled to change theirs for something similar. -- jim

@RandyT0001

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
By appealing to some (misplaced) sense of duty to the hobby and the Forums.....he claimed I was the only member of the ASL community at GS that could realistically moderate that herd of cats. For the longest time it was only me and Chirper (who was not as involved in ASL as myself), until Jim Bishop came on board. Little did he know all I did was follow his directions, let the lads play, and when things got too heated, shove the thread into Chit Chat.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
By appealing to some (misplaced) sense of duty to the hobby and the Forums.....he claimed I was the only member of the ASL community at GS that could realistically moderate that herd of cats. For the longest time it was only me and Reid (who was not as involved in ASL as myself), until Jim Bishop came on board. Little did he know all I did was follow his directions, let the lads play, and when things got too heated, shove the thread into Chit Chat.
I appreciate the honest answer, thank you.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Uh, Social Distancing dude. :p -- jim
I hug you from Nova Scotia to Germany, Jim.

PS: if you are totally not afraid of Coronavirus, does that make you an enemy of the State ? Even if you follow the guidelines but just find them excessive?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would have.
Indeed, and your post following my remark just said that.

In fact, Robin left and came back under a pseudonym Swiftandsure, so I guess, in the end, you didn't disagree strongly either and things worked themselves out. -- jim
I did, without saying publicly that I was leaving, as I saw how Ole Boe was attacked for having dared tell everybody that he was going away.
When I came back with a pseudo, I was wary about the Flak - I hadn't left because of the moderation politics, but because of the P.A.
And I quite quickly asked to merge my older account with the newer.
And I have openly displayed my true name since then.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I did, without saying publicly that I was leaving, as I saw how Ole Boe was attacked for having dared tell everybody that he was going away.
When I came back with a pseudo, I was wary about the Flak - I hadn't left because of the moderation politics, but because of the P.A.
And I quite quickly asked to merge my older account with the newer.
And I have openly displayed my true name since then.
I understand your reasoning, but it makes my point: you didn't disagree strongly or you would have remained away. Coming back under a pseudonym further lowered the cost of return. -- jim