Leaving gamesquad

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for proving my point, elephant.
Just to clarify now that I’m awake: SPAMETO existed long before Randy.

Hearing that it was coming in a cowardly way from the prior king via a teenaged surrogate instead of from said surrogate makes the parallel all that much more rich and pertinent.

Anyway, I’ve been on ASL hiatus for a few years now, and heard about how the forum is blowing up — I’d effectively left a few weeks ago when P&R left. It just feels like at this point Randy’s digging in, and trolling him isn’t going to help. Maybe you all have taken the constructive tack of trying to work with him and I missed it, though.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The guy who liked your post banned me for a month for insulting him as “insulting a mod”. So this idea that anything goes (went?) is not exactly true, and mod privilege existed before now, despite it only being highlighted now.

Not to say Randy isn’t being heavy-handed..
I never suggested anything goes. There were limits. I know questioning the mods was a big no-no in the old days. Cherper was around from there so he may have been a little more heavy handed. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It wasn't a Trump avatar, it was a Trump/Mussolini merge picture, meant to be a joke, not political. Whatever.
The others was similar, a melding for Trump/Putin, meant to be a joke and not political too. -- jim

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
I do not know the answer to this one either. And I am one of the very very few of you who have actually had a working lunch with "the new King". (I won FrF88 Panzer Shield as the Attacker at ASLOK 2019. Our lunch date was very amiable. I basically like the guy - genuflect, genuflect, genuflect :).)
Sorry - make that ASLOK 2018.

Coincidentally the same year I played JRV at ASLOK. HF-2 Bertoldo the Brave. I lost as defender, but not as badly as I thought I would when I saw I had been paired against him in a mini. He did know his rules, though, and I learned a lot :).

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ok, so now I see- you can make a thread by inserting a code- but the messages and thread disappear after a while. So in effect one should hag around on a daily basis anyway. Not the way I like it.
YOu can search for anything historically. If you know the poster/when/TOPIC etc...it'll come up .....

Upper right corner for search.Similar search as GS...but no "permanent" per se.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
YOu can search for anything historically. If you know the poster/when/TOPIC etc...it'll come up .....

Upper right corner for search.Similar search as GS...but no "permanent" per se.
Google can also be restricted to just this site. Use site:gamesquad.com in the parameters - sometimes you get better luck that way if it is a very specific thing you are looking for.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Google can also be restricted to just this site. Use site:gamesquad.com in the parameters - sometimes you get better luck that way if it is a very specific thing you are looking for.
I was talking about the search feature on discord..
But I didn't know that about Google

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was talking about the search feature on discord..
But I didn't know that about Google
I think Michael Dorosh undersells the Google site: search.... no "sometimes you get better..." i think its 100% better than GS search, certainly if you are looking for threads about specific rules. The Google site: search is like having GS comprehensively indexed.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I think Michael Dorosh undersells the Google site: search.... no "sometimes you get better..." i think its 100% better than GS search, certainly if you are looking for threads about specific rules. The Google site: search is like having GS comprehensively indexed.
GS search is nigh useless. I don't know why that is, lots of sites have functional search, I can never find anything here with search, but Google makes it easy.